Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with stahlhelm

Article about: Being somewhat new to helmets I'd like some opinions on this one. Model, variant? Original paint and decal? Liner? You guys know the drill. Good or bad I would love to hear it before I attem

Default Help with stahlhelm

Help with stahlhelm
    Help with stahlhelm
    Help with stahlhelm
    Help with stahlhelm
    Help with stahlhelm

Being somewhat new to helmets I'd like some opinions on this one. Model, variant? Original paint and decal? Liner? You guys know the drill. Good or bad I would love to hear it before I attempt a purchase. As always you guys are the best. Thank you all very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with stahlhelm
    P
    Many

M34 Civic-Type Helmet in DRK Grey with DRK Decal and Italian Replacement Liner...I'm unable to determine if the decal is legit, hopefully one of our learned members has more info...
    cheers, Glenn

This photo is from the Germanhelmets.com web site. They have a page on DRK helmets and their example matches yours externally generally speaking. Color seems a bit different but let others chime in. NH

Help with stahlhelm

Not very familiar with these, but you may want to pass.

Interesting they installed an early Italian M33 liner in it & size stamped it 57.
    The decal with the "Round bottom" is said to be of "dubious" originality. The above posted helmet by Neil is the "pointy bottom" version of the decal which is generally the accepted one.

Can't comment on the strap due to not being able to see it much, but possibly post war type

I think the off grey paint in a couple of pics may be my fault in an attempt to lighten the dark photos. My apologies.

Help with stahlhelm
    I was afraid the decal was off centered but it matches this other example I found.

I'd pass on the originally-posted example as well -unless it was very, very cheap...The Features that make these DRK Helmets desirable in the first place have been obliterated - Especially the All-Important Decal...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi UK

I think the decal is fake. "When in doubt, don't buy".

That website you pulled the 2 examples off is obsolete IMO. Would not trust it

I did a short blog post on one I used the USB microscope on and also talked with several collectors about this decal. Generally it is perceived as being post war.

https://germanhelmetvault.com/2017/0...-bottom-decal/

As stated, lots of issues here. Pass and look for something better. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast