Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler Style SA Helmet

Article about: HEY , anyone going to answer my question, who made these helmets, normal makes or RZM

Default Himmler Style SA Helmet

I have had this one for a while. It is a somewhat odd combat weight Himmler style helmet in that the chin strap is attached to the band of the M27 style liner, obviating the need for the 2 extra chin strap attachment rivets behind the vent lugs one usually sees on Himmler style shells. It has the original SA brown paint inside and out, and has a neat ink stamp on the underside of the front liner pad. Unfortunately, there is no evidence of any insignia on the shell. SA helmets are fairly rare, but with the original brown paint on this one I am sure that it is indeed SA, even in the absence of insignia. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Style SA Helmet   Himmler Style SA Helmet  

Himmler Style SA Helmet   Himmler Style SA Helmet  

Last edited by helmet2id; 12-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Style SA Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Himmler Style SA Helmet

Crying out loud Jim, have you got a never ending supply of damn good helmets or what, id hate to be your bank manager, ive seen them in books but not in the flesh so to speak, whos the maker on these or do they come under RZM manufacture

?

Jim nice one and rare shell as well!

There aren't enough comments on this thread my friend! I really like your 'one of each' style of collecting. You seem to appreciate any kind of German helmet for what it is. I would be interested in seeing your wall o' helmets.

?

Very lovely! Thank you very much for sharing this excellent helmet!
    ~Dean

?

Very interesting and rare SA helmet ! I hope it is not to indiscreet to ask how and where did you find it ?
    notton

It was an ebay find many years ago, described as an unknown german type helmet. I knew what it was and got lucky. Jim G.

what a beuty thanks for sharing such a brilliant helmet and an ebay one at that now thats very rare for a good helmet to come out of ebay

?

I didn't know the SA ever wore Stahlhelms! I've learned something today. Nice helmet!

Mat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast