Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HKP 66 no decal shell

Article about: Nothing special just a HKP 66 no decal shell nice representative of later war no decal helmet. timothy

Default HKP 66 no decal shell

Nothing special just a HKP 66 no decal shell nice representative of later war no decal helmet. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HKP 66 no decal shell   HKP 66 no decal shell  

HKP 66 no decal shell   HKP 66 no decal shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HKP 66 no decal shell
    P
    Many

?

Nice shell, Timothy. I like these late war lids. Great size too! The paint's in awesome condition, as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Dean.

Sorry about the rogue link. If a moderator will delete this post, I will be much obliged.

Very nice. Getting a shell with decent original paint is getting hard to find around these parts.

I picked up a qvl-marked M42 that was an ex-Czech fire brigade helmet and had it restored/aged. these shells seem to generally be rippled and otherwise creative in workmanship. On the left side of the helmet's edge (where the visor transitions to the skirt), the steel blank must've been a bit out of spec or out of place, as there was not enough metal to flare outward. All-in all, it isn't a bad helmet, but I really have no use for it.

Regards,

G. Kelly

HKP 66 no decal shellHKP 66 no decal shell

?

qvl's are nice too. Ever heard of the rare 'bvl' ? It's really just a mistake by having the 'q' di put in upside down by a disgruntled or tired laborer possibly.

Looks a lot like my lid.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HKP 66 no decal shell  
    Regards,

Steve.

Couple of nice 42's guys what I have ran into through the years wheather I get them or some of my collector friends that I get them from we find a lot of shells due to fact vets didn't take a lot of care of them as they wern't viewed like we do stored IE basement, garage, old Shed barn and mice ate the liner out then he throwed it away. So sometimes you get what they have sure it is nice to find them complete but that is usually not the norm. But these are usually in advanced collections I think in a few years even these with original paint will be hard to find as qmtc mentions. Flea markets and gunshows the boys tell me are filled up with repainted surplus other country used German helmets. timothy

Default Another late war lid...

interesting thread. I have one marked with owners name, the very first I ever bought.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HKP 66 no decal shell   HKP 66 no decal shell