Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

is THIS an honest lid?

Article about: by FranzJon thanks, much appreciated. I would LOVE to know the names of some of these dealers in the US... who can guarantee authenticity and deal online. Even then , check with the forum be

Default Re: is THIS an honest lid?

I'm just petrified to buy a helmet for any more than a couple hundred bucks.

I just spent a couple hours on eBay looking at all helmets when you search "German Helmets".

Even I, with no experience can tell that most are not real. And there are SOOOOOO many helmets with bids up to $400+

Many, many people are buying obviously FAKE helmets.

I'm not looking for some SS, camo'ed with a name of a famous officer. I'd just like some honest combat used Heer lid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is THIS an honest lid?
    P
    Many

?

Go to a recognised and well respected dealer, your couple hundred bucks will buy you a nice used helmet with some character to it , forget about flea bay until your a lot more experienced in picking the good from the bad, even then its best to have hands on in order to see what your buying, there are dealers out there who offer some very good deals with 30 day money back if not satisfied, phone around or ask the members here who live in your area or country

Quote by davejb View Post
    Go to a recognised and well respected dealer, your couple hundred bucks will buy you a nice used helmet with some character to it , forget about flea bay until your a lot more experienced in picking the good from the bad, even then its best to have hands on in order to see what your buying, there are dealers out there who offer some very good deals with 30 day money back if not satisfied, phone around or ask the members here who live in your area or country
    thanks, much appreciated. I would LOVE to know the names of some of these dealers in the US... who can guarantee authenticity and deal online.

I see that camo lid is up to $610 now!

Would certainly suck to be the buyer then one day find you have a ex-Norwegian, Lativian rehash lid...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I see that camo lid is up to $610 now!

Would certainly suck to be the buyer then one day find you have a ex-Norwegian, Lativian rehash lid...
    The second helmet shown in this thread, the 'Normandy Camo'
    from Ebay recently sold for $1,025.00. US................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I don't waste a second of my time on ebay, mostly garbage and good ones tend to get snapped up by those that troll ebay more than I.

As for US dealers here are several bulletproof dealers with money back lifetime guarantees.

ww2germanhelmets.com Dave Shirlin
    germanwarhelmets.com Ken Bolton
    germanhelmetsinc.com Ken N. (can never remember how to spell Ken's last name)
    therupturedduck.com Bill Shea

You have to be quick on these sites, good helmets go in seconds sometimes.

Also there is an excellent for sale section on German Helmet Walhalla forum however you must be a veteran member to get access. WAF has some good ones come up there as well in their estand.

With these 6 links you should be well on your way to buying an original helmet and stop wasting your time on ebay and the tons of fake trash there.

The 2 helmets posted in this thread I wouldn't give 2 nickels for.

?

Doug, thanks for passing that on to our friend here, its also useful for a lot more potential buyers, cheers Dave

Quote by DougB View Post
    I don't waste a second of my time on ebay, mostly garbage and good ones tend to get snapped up by those that troll ebay more than I.

As for US dealers here are several bulletproof dealers with money back lifetime guarantees.

Also there is an excellent for sale section on German Helmet Walhalla forum however you must be a veteran member to get access. WAF has some good ones come up there as well in their estand.

With these 6 links you should be well on your way to buying an original helmet and stop wasting your time on ebay and the tons of fake trash there.

I'd give two nickels for them any day. They are real shells after all. : )

great list... I've been watching 3/4 of those daily. I have a lot of WANTS right now

Quote by DougB View Post

Amen to that. Ebay once had some decent lids about 12 years ago, but there are maybe two good ones every three months nowadays and they go for high prices. Good links Doug. I also see some good helmets now and then on WAF.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast