Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hot helmet,bunged vent

Article about: I was cleaning a little the latest helmet iv gotten an m40 ,and left it by the window for minutes.It being a hot day the shell was very hot and it reminded me of the discomfort in combat whe

Default Hot helmet,bunged vent

I was cleaning a little the latest helmet iv gotten an m40 ,and left it by the window for minutes.It being a hot day the shell was very hot and it reminded me of the discomfort in combat when the weather was hot and the soldier had to wear the helmet.Their heads must have sweated a lot.I know when things where quiet they wore their soft caps.Another thing about this helmet is that one of the m40 vents looks like it was bunged up deliberately,to probably keep out the cold.in cleaning it ,a lot of the white wash is now showing,was this a standard thing the soildiers did with the m35s ect?lv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hot helmet,bunged vent
    P
    Many

Juergen
    ?

Default Re: Hot helmet,bunged vent

Hello,greetings
    I got used to wear a Steelhelmet in the Army hot or Cold!(postwar)sometime the Wind if strong howls in the Vents LOL! the whitewash used as Winter camo
    best Regards
    Jurgen
    Last edited by Juergen; 06-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.

I would be nice to look at your latest acquisition Interesting to see the whitewash.

Juergen
    ?

Hi snix,I wish I found out how to post Pics-not very good with PCs.LOL!Will ask my "Whzz Kid Son in Law"
    The "whitewash" we used Chalk in my (post war german Army Time) for Snow Camo so on the Panzer as well-wash easy off.
    I think in the war the had a"pinkish White" Regards Jurgen

Quote by Juergen View Post
    Hi snix,I wish I found out how to post Pics-not very good with PCs.LOL!Will ask my "Whzz Kid Son in Law"
    The "whitewash" we used Chalk in my (post war german Army Time) for Snow Camo so on the Panzer as well-wash easy off.
    I think in the war the had a"pinkish White" Regards Jurgen
    Looking forward to it!

Il get my friend to take a pic of the stalingrad helmet .jurgen you gave me an idea about camoing up a helmet with chalk ,a bit like the white wash ,but easily removed.now where did i put that quist sd?, and that big wack of white chalk,lv

Juergen
    ?

HI Chihuahua!(Las vegas)
    Chalk yep thats was it- dont need much- mix with Water &just slap it on the Helmet LOL!
    Maybe a bit "streaky"to break Contours- see how it looks?Are you in Reenactment Group?
    keep in touch?best Jurgen

Thanks for the tip Jurgen ,and no im not in an reenactment group.I just like displaying my helmets with all forms of camoflague used in ww2, and also the carrying harnesses,LV

Juergen
    ?

Hi Las vegas-Thanks for message-I just see your "Fligher Helmet" Ear cut outs -gread Stuff_never seen one befor!bet is some worth?
    Harnesses you meant for the Helmets-like Chinstraps Liners ect.?
    Best Regards Jurgen

Jurgen yes that it one rare ww2 helmet. No i mean the harnesses for the camo like chicken wire,breadbag straps,ect ect.jurgen on that ear cut out ww2 helmet it has the odd looking split pin with the extra middle part,on another thread i mentioned i recently got a relic from stalingrad with one of that type on it.not standard but surfaced, and put on a standard m40 ww2 helmet,lv

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast