Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

How much is this helmet worth?

Article about: So I went picking a few months ago and this helmet stayed on my mind. I just wanted to know how much do you think it is? and if it's worth it or not in this condition. This is from the Afrik

Default What type of helmet is this german one? thanks

So I went picking a few months ago and this helmet stayed on my mind. I just wanted to know how much do you think it is? and if it's worth it or not in this condition.
    This is from the Afrika Korps, it has the beige/green desert color sprayed. The liner and the name of the soldier is still there. I'm not sure if that's sweat or blood inside. I would appreciate more details and pointers from you. Thanks

Last edited by 8thsquadron; 05-24-2020 at 04:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How much is this helmet worth?
    P
    Many

Hi! I think this would be more of a “Italian front camo” with the tan and green color scheme I’m not sure if it’s a authentic camo or not but some key information you might want to gather real quick are the lot number, makers mark. Close up photo of the decal Area and closer and clearer photos of the whole helmet itself also on the blood liner question blood usually dries out a liner and stiffens it to where it will deteriorate

You don't win the most original topic title award. Discussions center around authenticity and not price. Just be glad you seem to have found an authentic German WW2 camo helmet. Not DAK in my opinion.

If DAK or not, it seems to be a nice, but salty helmet. The condition is rather salty, so its price should be significantly lower then the good conditioned cameos.
    Just do a bit of research on cameo helmets and you should find out for how much these can go in good condition. I personally like it, and would definitly consider buying it if i saw it.

thanks for the reply. I will ask for a good price and see. I will keep you guys posted.

thanks for your reply. This helmet was found in Tunisia to be exact. So Idk who really wore it. When I will be allowed to travel again, I will return to meet this collector and will take better pictures. It was quite dark. But thanks again for your great advises.

Always wondered if a holiday in North Africa would be worth the trip...….

Interesting certainly. You say it was found in Tunisia, that would fit with a bit of green over spray where that variation emerged, out of the desert and among the orchards.

Quote by 8thsquadron View Post
    So I went picking a few months ago and this helmet stayed on my mind. I just wanted to know how much do you think it is? and if it's worth it or not in this condition.
    This is from the Afrika Korps, it has the beige/green desert color sprayed. The liner and the name of the soldier is still there. I'm not sure if that's sweat or blood inside. I would appreciate more details and pointers from you. Thanks

So this is in a store in Dubai??
    Going by the old radios and other random stuff ( including those bottles of Chivas & Clan Campbell whiskey ) this is MY kind of junk shop!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    So this is in a store in Dubai??
    Going by the old radios and other random stuff ( including those bottles of Chivas & Clan Campbell whiskey ) this is MY kind of junk shop!!
    Hi Danmark, no not in Dubai...but in Tunis, Tunisia. I have the chance to go there for work and I met this artist/collector. He makes art pieces from anything he finds. So his garage has literally everything! There was some US helmets, but they were in bad condition and had no liner. I only found two German helmets: one was repainted in some weird color for a movie he told me and the one I showed you was original. It really captured my attention. I will go back when things will be fine again and retake some pictures for you. But his super large garage is full of gems! that reminds me he also had some bayonets too, hopefully next time, I will take more pictures. But even if you travel there, it's hard to find WW2 items in antique stores. They don't last too long, usually tourist with knowledge buy them.

Cheers
    Last edited by 8thsquadron; 05-25-2020 at 12:11 PM.