Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How to remove paint from a decal

Article about: Don't attempt anything would be my advice. You may make it worse than it is.

?

Default How to remove paint from a decal

Good morning gentlemen I have found a fairly nice DD Heer M35 for sale from a reputible dealer there is one problem with the helmet thoe someone has painted over the tri color national shield. the seller have stated it has probably been done post war there is evidence of the orignal tri color under the overpaint. Can you safely remove the newer paint with out damaging the original tri color I can not include photos as they are protected by the seller the helmet is currently for sale at the collectors guild.

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to remove paint from a decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: How to remove paint from a decal

Send me the link to the sale. I can save the pics.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Give us a minute or two and I will give it a try Adrian thanx.

Regards Mark K

?

The Collector's GuildAdrian this is the best I can do here is the link to there site and the Item number is (H027066) and is listed under helmets in the Heer section.

Regards Mark K

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to remove paint from a decal  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've seen some of the prices on helmets
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I browse Heer quite often and there prices have seemed to come down as of late believe it or not.

Regards Mark K

Talking paint off a decal is frought with danger. You have two basic options. Manually picking it off with a sharp knife or using some kind of paint stripper/solvent. I can guarantee that you will lose some of the remaining decal with either method. Personally I would leave it be.

Cheers, Ade.

I whole-heartedly agree with Ade. Be thankful that that much paint is off of it already!

?

Thanks for the advice Adrian I have heard many a member discuss the pros and cons of paint removal on helmets and different methods to try I would hate to ruin a helmet for the sake of vanity.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast