Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Huge m42

Article about: Just wanted to share my latest find, no decal m-42, it's stamped EE6? , I believe it's a misstamped ET, I'm pretty sure it's a size 66 but it could be a 68, i'll haft to measure it and find

Default Huge m42

Just wanted to share my latest find, no decal m-42, it's stamped EE6? , I believe it's a misstamped ET, I'm pretty sure it's a size 66 but it could be a 68, i'll haft to measure it and find out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Huge m42   Huge m42  

Huge m42   Huge m42  

Huge m42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Huge m42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Huge m42

Im having a hard time looking at this one, to me theres some areas that look like pitted rust yet its painted over,i cant see if its a textured finish or rusting, yet other areas look smooth, also the liner pins look too clean as opposed to the rest of the helmet, the double stamped E im not sure about, i havent seen a marking like that before even though it could be a mistake so i would bow to the more experienced , they might be more associated with faults that occur on helmets than i am. I would like to see other comments, as for the liner its a nine fingered M31 which isnt unusual for a large helmet

The pitting you mentioned is rust, the previous owner coated this helmet with some type of oil that i quickly wiped off after purchasing but i could'nt get all of it off, there for, theres a slight shine to it, pins are tight and untampered with, i assure you there's nothing tampered with on this one.

Heres some added photo's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Huge m42   Huge m42  

Huge m42   Huge m42  

?

Thanks for that mate, im glad the close ups show better detail, it was somewhat confusing , re texture or rust, shame that he decided to coat it with oil, it could damage what paint there is but its an interesting lid with the error mark

4md
    ?

hello, this could be a EF as i think ET had changed to CKL by this lot number

?

its defo a rear stamped EF just look at the peak of the lid it has that classic EF shape and the low air vents

Nice one. I really like these huge late war ND M42's. Jim G.

Thanks, I believe your right about it being an EF, i don't know why i did'nt relize that.

?

wish people would stop calling size 68 huge as i seriously cant get one on my head ,very nice helmet tho , rgds dave the mop bucket headed one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast