Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am trying to confirm the model of this helmet….help requested.

Article about: I have owned this helmet for approx. 50 years….unfortunately it was in “much better” shape back then than it is now…. my fault…as a thirteen year old I wasn’t thinking about preserving the c

?

Default Re: I am trying to confirm the model of this helmet….help requested.

Our forum dedicated to the all peoples who like militaria and history. And looks like you have a good items and that is makes you a militaria collector
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am trying to confirm the model of this helmet….help requested.
    P
    Many

Hi David. first off you are correct it is indeed, as others have stated an M42 helmet

The modification to the wartime helmet took place on 6 July 1942.
    The steel helmet's edges were no longer required to be rolled under. This produced a sharp edge all around the helmet including a more pronounced overall shape. The M1942 remained identical to the M1940 helmet save for this feature. This helmet is often referred to as the M1943 within some collecting circles located within the United Kingdom. The M1942 was mass-produced until late 1944 and early 1945 when most facilities were overrun by Allied armies
    EF ( which it looks like to me ) Is the manufacturer Emaillierwerke AG, Fulda.+ size of shell,and the numbers beneath is the batch number Gently rubbing the affected area with acetone should remove the "tape marks" but test an area first. Although the liner has seen better days, it is still a very nice example. I like the paint

Hope this helps a little

nice collection BTW

OKW
    ?

Meths would take the tape residues off.

drm2m
    ?

Dimas, thanks for the clarification.

John Brandon, thanks very much, this is exactly the type of information I was hoping for regarding this helmet.

OKW thanks for your suggestion of using Meths.

You have all been very helpful.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2