Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'd like opinions on this M40 Camo Helmet...

Article about: I'd like to get some thoughts on this camo helmet found in a recently deceased US veteran's footlocker. I never trust 100% that just because an item is in a footlocker it's legit, so I'd lik

?

Sorry i have,nt replied until now, but this is the reason i asked for more detailed shots of the pins, i am cautiously happy with the overall camo, thickness of paint, application etc, but the lack of build up of paint around and over the pins worry me slightly, the thickness of the paint would in my opinion form a ridge around the pins and although wear an tear could account for the ridge being less defined , i dont see a ridge of any sort, i have seen two helmets like this before, both original lids with liners, camo etc but they came from the set of Band of Brothers and you would have been hard pressed to tell the difference, the paint, camo and wear and tear was excellent, the only thing that was different was the smell of the paint, and they would have fooled the unwary and less experienced collector, , i would like to see many more close up shots from all angles of the pins plus as Doug pointed out, interior shots,mainly if there are any washers and their position, or any paint runs from the pin apertures into the interior, for me , i am 80% convinced, i would like the extra 20%

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'd like opinions on this M40 Camo Helmet...
    P
    Many

Please, give us all an F-ing break. Go stuff it!

?

i hope that was,nt directed at me, i have an opinion and i,m at liberty to air it like any other member, without receiving abuse from anyone, i have,nt been abusive to you or anyone else, please apologise or i will bring this to the attention of the admin staff

Quote by davejb View Post
    i hope that was,nt directed at me, i have an opinion and i,m at liberty to air it like any other member, without receiving abuse from anyone, i have,nt been abusive to you or anyone else, please apologise or i will bring this to the attention of the admin staff
    Correct! Everyone has an opinion of their own and are entitled to give it in a polite and informative manner. As I have said before ,I quite like this one Dave ,I personally am nearer 95% happy that this is a good one than 80%, but I do see and appreciate the concerns you and Doug have brought up. Like a lot of cammo's maybe an in hand would be the only way to be sure about it. Leon.

?

Exactly Leon,i actually do like it, and if alls well, then our friend has a terrific camo in his collection, but they can be an absolute minefield if not in hand, and sometimes even photos dont do them justice

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Please, give us all an F-ing break. Go stuff it!
    What was the point of or need for this comment?

Keep it polite as all are entitled to their opinions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Indeed.

I don't know where this out of line comment has come from? Not what I expect from members here. No more please.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry Darren, a forum glitch on the infractions! Sorted now.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

A camo certainly has to be in hand for a final evaluation, some of the better creations out there by guys like Rex aka Ruffin are unbelievably good, even in hand.

Like Dave I like the helmet overall but have a concern that and not nearly is enough shown for my own personal evaluation parameters. ( which is not a big deal, the OP can post as much or little as he would like to of course. ). I would like to know more about the veteran purchase history and what provenance the helmet does have.

?

Thanks Ade, for fixing my infraction glitch, much appreciated

Doug, I appreciate your opinion, which as you've stated is only based on your personal preference regarding the build up of paint you personally like to see around the pins. That being said, though the close up photos aren't great, they do clearly show a good deal of paint build up around the pins so I'm not exactly sure how much build up you like to see. Here are a couple shots showing the build up areas I'm referring to just so we're all on the same page. I'd hate to think you were looking at the incorrect photos (I posted several photos with my initial post, and another series of close ups later)...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast