Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If it looks too new, it must be fake?

Article about: As of late, just as many times in the past, I've heard collectors alike state an item was a copy:reproduction due to it being in near perfect condition, or as they say, "looking too new

Default If it looks too new, it must be fake?

As of late, just as many times in the past, I've heard collectors alike state an item was a copy:reproduction due to it being in near perfect condition, or as they say, "looking too new".
    Earlier this morning, I was browsing for items of interest as I normally do, and discovered this very real almost, if not, perfect specimen. In fact, this helmet is in better condition than the majority of reproductions I come across. When I discovered it I though this would be a prime example of why the theory, "if it looks too new it's a copy" is inaccurate at times. One should look at all details when attempting to authenticate an item, not just condition.
    If it looks too new, it must be fake?If it looks too new, it must be fake?If it looks too new, it must be fake?If it looks too new, it must be fake?If it looks too new, it must be fake?
    Besides using said item as a point, it's also a wonderful helmet, and I thought members here would like to see it, too. I do not want to advertise for the seller, who I don't even know, so I won't post a link. However, if you are interested, I'd gladly point you in the correct direction. I believe the asking price is around 5k, just so you know. Enjoy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement If it looks too new, it must be fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Youthcollector1 , that is one really "minty" helmet!! Shame about the damage to the national shield!! HaHa , only joking! As you say , just once in a while areal stunner does turn up. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Youthcollector1 , that is one really "minty" helmet!! Shame about the damage to the national shield!! HaHa , only joking! As you say , just once in a while areal stunner does turn up. Leon.
    Stunner is a perfect description for this helmet as I was stunned when I first saw it. Actually, I was tempted to purchase it, very very tempted, but I have my heart set on a certain tunic, so I will not. I must say though, it is quite difficult to pass on such a beauty. I guess we can't have it all.

It is Sunday football, which equals into my one day to drink with the boys, so who knows what could happen.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-15-2013 at 07:32 PM.

I probably would have said it was fake... but not only because of the condition. I have never seen a helmet with four liner pins, or that pad in the crown before. Plus the rivets look odd to me. So what's the deal?

Is it steel? First thing that came to mind is a parade helmet, never used.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Stunner is a perfect description for this helmet as I was stunned when I first saw it. Actually, I was tempted to purchase it, very very tempted, but I have my heart set on a certain tunic, so I will not. I must say though, it is quite difficult to pass on such as beauty. I guess we can't have it all.

It is Sunday football, which equals into my one day to drink with the boys, so who knows what could happen.
    Ah , beer and helmets are a potentially explosive an costly mix! Good luck and let us know when it is due to arrive if you remember that you bought it!!! Leon.

If I ask where this is for sale, would you even tell me? I'm not in the market, either. I need to complete my combat police trio first. If anyone wishes to tell me, a PM would be appreciated.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Is it steel? First thing that came to mind is a parade helmet, never used.
    No, it's a aluminum Parade Helmet.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Ah , beer and helmets are a potentially explosive an costly mix! Good luck and let us know when it is due to arrive if you remember that you bought it!!! Leon.
    I was merely joking. Tunics are my preference anyways. So if anyone wants it, I am more than willing to provide you with a link.

that explains its condition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast