Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not a collector but own a WWII German helmet

Article about: I own, what I believe to be, a genuine M40 and would like to become more knowledgeable about it w/ this board's help. From what I've determined through my own digging, it is an M40, w/ a Q64

Quote by icarus View Post
    Thanks.
    Is there a database in existence where I could look up the serial number and get more information?
    Ludicrous, probably, but I had to ask.
    It is not a serial number.
    The lot number won't tell you more than what is already said here.

It's a nice beat up Original shell , collector value is not high because of the damage and missing parts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm not a collector but own a WWII German helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It is not a serial number.
    The lot number won't tell you more than what is already said here.

It's a nice beat up Original shell , collector value is not high because of the damage and missing parts.
    Thanks to all for filling in the blanks. I'm real happy w/ it's condition based on some of the relics I have seen here and elsewhere. The missing parts lessen its history a bit, but it stimulated me into watching hours and hours of WWII related movies and documentaries recently. Having it nearby while watching Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, etc gave the experience another level of depth I had not had before. I found myself looking at decals a lot.

re the lot number...that area has deposits built up to a point I can't quite make it out. i tried to read it w/ an infrared camera, with no luck. The best I can tell, it is something like IN110.

MAP
    ?

No point trying to "uncover" the lot number anymore. In fact we would recommend to leave the helmet just as is. Anymore work will just damage it more. Now just put it on the shelf and enjoy it

You have a helmet, that while not worth much from a monetary perspective, is one that has clearly done it's job. While it can't "speak" it has clearly sparked your interest which is what this hobby is all about
    Last edited by MAP; 02-20-2016 at 02:47 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Your marking is possibly DN110.
    This lot / batch number series is valid for a Quist M40 made in 1941 according to the book alteady mentioned.
    Quist did not use IN as a prefix.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Your marking is possibly DN110.
    This lot / batch number series is valid for a Quist M40 made in 1941 according to the book alteady mentioned.
    Quist did not use IN as a prefix.

Dan
    Thanks for that clarification and the 1941 date is nice to know. That is very helpful.
    I looked at the stamping again. What I took for a capital "I" is the left side of either a "D" or a "B". The letter was more deeply set on its left edge, thus more prominent.

?

Quote by icarus View Post
    Thanks for that clarification and the 1941 date is nice to know. That is very helpful.
    I looked at the stamping again. What I took for a capital "I" is the left side of either a "D" or a "B". The letter was more deeply set on its left edge, thus more prominent.
    I"ve gotten a better look at the stamping, and it is a "D".
    Thanks again for all the help.

As stated still original collectible helmet I have several like it why people do what they do is beyond me enjoy it for the piece of history it is. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    As stated still original collectible helmet I have several like it why people do what they do is beyond me enjoy it for the piece of history it is. timothy
    I will indeed. Learning about its history here has added much to its meaning. This lid was in my family since the 50's, but until I inherited through my father's estate, I never looked into it's background.
    If anyone is still checking on this thread, what is the official color on this helmet? It looks greenish to me and don't see but one color scheme. Is that correct?

"Apfel grun" ( apple green ) - Yes, the colour is
    original and correct.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Very Nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast