Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Info Needed on BMW Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Saw this in an antique store. I don't really know much about helmets but it looked interesting to me. Thinking about buying it. Can anyone tell me if it looks all legit? Liner seems like it'

?

Default Info Needed on BMW Luftschutz Helmet

Saw this in an antique store. I don't really know much about helmets but it looked interesting to me. Thinking about buying it. Can anyone tell me if it looks all legit? Liner seems like it's in almost too good of shape, do you guys think that it's been replaced? Anyone know what something like this is worth?

Info Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz HelmetInfo Needed on BMW Luftschutz Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info Needed on BMW Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, first i thought: What a bad fake! Its a gladiator Luftschutzhelmet for civil Luftschutz. BMW was established 1916, so it can be a genuine helmet for workers of one of the BMW factories. For medics, who take care of hurt workers. (Werkluftschutz) Yes the liner has a great condition and doesent fit to the rest of the helmet. The two stickers could be genuine or not, hard to say.

It's fake forget about it , a lot of these shells are messed up with these stickers.

Original helmet, fake decals! Just take a close look at those identical scrape marks on the medic decal, identical in length/depth but running at different angles and just from the edge of the decal inwards. Plain and obvious "tool marks" from a screw driver or alike to put a bit of fake ageing on the piece. A ruined helmet, unless these are water based transfers that can be removed. Leon.

The red cross decal on the front was clearly flat and the person who applied it had to cut or slice it in order to get it adhere to the helmet.

Dud decals!.....

Here's one that could be a BMW one (no BMW decal), someone else on this forum (I can't remember who!) has one identically marked.

Rene, That one definitely is a BMW factory Police helmet. You know I love that one! Jim G.