Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Kriegsmarine helmet

Article about: I've finally managed to get some pics of this little find I picked up a year ago. The previous owner was of Italian extraction and sold this at a booth in an antique mall. He died before I c

?

Default Italian Kriegsmarine helmet

I've finally managed to get some pics of this little find I picked up a year ago. The previous owner was of Italian extraction and sold this at a booth in an antique mall. He died before I could get any info on this helmet however, but his widow claimed it was an italian volunteer in the German army, though the decals are clearly Kriegsmarine. I'm looking for thoughts and info on this helmet so I can post it on my site. If you are interested, about other helmets or loooking to date yours you can check out my site at;
    Helmet Collectables
    Thanks!
    Italian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmetItalian Kriegsmarine helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Italian Kriegsmarine helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

From the pictures supplied I don't know how we can tell that this is clearly a KM decal. Very possible just a toned Heer and more possibly a fake.

Second, I have never heard of M33 helmets being used by the German

Third: The liner and chinstrap are not italian (war time M33) or for that matter German.

Conclusion: I think the "little old lady" told a tall tale

And why Kreigsmarine?

Just my thoughts.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Interesting points, as I was told it was a Kreigsmarine. Unfortunately you might be right about the tall tale!

MAP
    ?

This is a fantasy piece. At least they got the decals on the correct sides of the helmet. And am I seeing a camo pattern on the helmet? Or is that just glare

Think someone took a post war refurb M33 from eastern Europe and slapped some decals on it.

But as always, happy to be proven wrong.

Hope you didn't spend too much on it.

BTW...are those all your lids on the website?

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is that Jeremy website?looks like his pictures.
    Chris

MAP
    ?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Is that Jeremy website?looks like his pictures.
    Chris
    All I saw was a rotating display of 5 or 6 lids. From a cell phone I could see no further links to other parts of the site or other sites. Which is why I asked the OP.

?

Hate to sound like a nay-sayer, but...
    Would look great with a small potted palm growing in it.
    Maybe even fertilised with the widow's tale.

Brad.

Jeremy is the owner of ww2germansteel website looks like his pictures.but I do not think this website posted is his.
    Chris

MAP
    ?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Jeremy is the owner of ww2germansteel website looks like his pictures.but I do not think this website posted is his.
    Chris
    yup. Know it well. Pictures look similar.

Morning, just looks like a ruined Italian helmet to me. Those decals look as bad as a jelly on a fat birds buttocks. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast