Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Its Stahlhelm evolution baby!!!!!

Article about: Hi All, Just having some fun today with my time off, decided to play with the kids, I mean lids lol, so here is a fun way to show them off if you want to join in, take some photo's of your g

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    An East German helmet would fit in nicely with the family, lol...As distant cousin!
    cheers, Glenn
    True about the East-German helmet. But, when they disigned that type of helmet,... something went terrible wrong. But that's my taste. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Its Stahlhelm evolution baby!!!!!
    P
    Many

you are a very lucky man brian ,i would love to see more detailed pictures of it

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    True about the East-German helmet. But, when they disigned that type of helmet,... something went terrible wrong. But that's my taste. :-)
    A beauty it aint, thats for sure.

What was the reason behind the design of the East German helmet (formerly of the TR) - ease of manufacture or what?

?

Increased ballistic protection, ease of manufacture (several shell sizes were to be eliminated), no rolled edge, no air vents, and a simplified liner system (M44) which used less steel.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    you are a very lucky man brian ,i would love to see more detailed pictures of it
    There should be some more photos at this link:

LATE WAR HELMETS OF THE THIRD REICH THALe BRIAN ICE by Brian Ice: History | Blurb Books

thanks for the link to your book brian ,nice to have you here

I think the M45 gets a bad rap because if the war had lasted any longer ( and they had been issued ) then the Germans would not have been able to be called "squareheads" any more - they would have to be called "coneheads" ...... and that just doesn't have the same sort of ring to it, does it

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

oh another rule, keep the helmets pre 45 LOL that prototype is an ugly duck but I can understand the increased ballistics aspect with the design, I wonder if doug could sort his helmets by batch numbers, would probably take him a few years to do so!!!

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks for the link to your book brian ,nice to have you here
    Glad to be here, James. Thanks. I have another late war helmets book at this link:

STEEL HELMETS OF THE THIRD REICH LATE WAR Brian Ice by Brian Ice: History | Blurb Books

love your line up maximus71. and yours to james and brian. one of my helmet collecting goals. is to get a representation of each era. ive always loved the ww1 german helmet. so hope to get one. some day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast