Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Just found this German helmet. What can you tell me?

Article about: Local guy came in and gave me this helmet. His dad picked it up during the war. His son used to run around in the yard wearing it. I know it's luftwaffe but was wondering what time period, w

Default Just found this German helmet. What can you tell me?

Local guy came in and gave me this helmet. His dad picked it up during the war. His son used to run around in the yard wearing it. I know it's luftwaffe but was wondering what time period, what the white band signifies (or was it for a strap/camo. Estimated worth. Thank you. The paint is one coat only. Chin strap missing. Not a repro.
    Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just found this German helmet. What can you tell me?

Ok. I found out it's a Luftwaffe airfield fire brigade helmet. Any other thoughts?

It is a really nice M34 Luftwaffe Crash Crew helmet. It has the second pattern Luft adler, the white stripe, and no comb (it appears that it was removed, and the stripe added, as per war time regulations changes). This is the most common configuration of this type of helmet, but still somewhat rare, and for those, like me, who like non combat lids as much as the combat lids, a very desirable piece. By the way, I like the RLB type starburst stamp on the dome pad - I have never seen that before. Congrats, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?   Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?  

?

Yes I think its one of those Luftwaffe aircrew Rescue helmets that were posted a few weeks back but the adler is different, this is the second pattern,nice helmet though and completely original

?

Jim beat me to it, and with photos, blast.

These are my 3 L/W crash crew helmets with the early gold leaf adler decals that I put in the thread that Dave mentioned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?   Just found this German helmet.  What can you tell me?  

What do helmets like these go for? I may keep it but I am curious.