Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ken N's Helmet Site

Article about: I would have posted this in the discussion section, but since it has more to do with a helmet dealer I am posting it here where I know it will be viewed by helmet collectors who probably fre

Angry Ken N's Helmet Site

I would have posted this in the discussion section, but since it has more to do with a helmet dealer I am posting it here where I know it will be viewed by helmet collectors who probably frequent Kens website. If the Mods see fit to move it I will understand.

My question is: Ken N had an update today on his helmet site. I was clicking away at the refresh icon on my iPhone and laptop for a good 40 minutes (about 2:50pm til 3:30pm) and the site never updated. I gave up and checked back around 3:45 and the update finally posted. But I noticed his site said it was updated at 3:03pm. Anyone else experience this 40 minute +/- delay?? I hope this doesn't become the norm. I emailed Ken and he said he has no explanations and is as perplexed as I.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ken N's Helmet Site
    P
    Many

maybe his internal computer clocks in on the wrong time zone?

Were the 2 Time Zones the same?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I noticed this as well Todd. However when the site updated for me all the new helmets were available. I wanted to buy 1 helmet but had a phone call (dammit I wasn't in Hawaii this time when I had lots of time versus today when I was working LOL) and by the time I emailed him about 3 minutes after the update occurred, the update had been updated and the helmet I wanted was already on hold ( the real nice Q DD M35 ) so, you win some you lose some. I won last time. Lost this time LOL.

I would chalk it up to the server hosting his website on actually going live. There are still some pretty nice helmets available I see.

Dont sweat it Todd, the DD Kriegs M35 is still available for 10.5, run dont walk!!!!!!!! lol

Thanks for the replies. Doug I think you won enough last time LOL! Let the peasants have a turn
    All joking aside I know how frustrating it is to just miss a helmet ( like when I missed that M42 police you got last update). It s u c k s with a capital S. Was the one you missed priced at $6,700? When the page finally uploaded for me the DAK Camo helmet was already on hold, so it must have worked for someone.

?

Speaking as a website owner, it takes awhile for a site to populate and refresh before it goes live. It doesn't happen instantly.

There you go.

I understand that, but for years his updates were immediate, my system would upload on the dot. Curious why all of a sudden it doesn't do that. The reason for the thread was to see if anyone else had the same problem.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Doug I think you won enough last time LOL! Let the peasants have a turn
    All joking aside I know how frustrating it is to just miss a helmet ( like when I missed that M42 police you got last update). It s u c k s with a capital S. Was the one you missed priced at $6,700? When the page finally uploaded for me the DAK Camo helmet was already on hold, so it must have worked for someone.
    Yes that was the one and the DAK was $6000 I think. But nothing from this update was on hold. Then I got a phone call I had to take, 3-4 minutes later the nice minty Q DD was gone. Ken I would have sold you the Q you have said you have wanted from my collection if I had bought Ken N's LOL.

I need a minty Q DD Heer, but they are never in my price range. That one was a beauty though. I was going to upgrade my M16 but hesitated cuz I'm a dumbass and now that one is on hold. Oh well. Guess I'll throw the money I saved into the SOS fund! Or I could go after that DD KM. Not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast