Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KM Camo Twins

Article about: I acquired a KM M35 camo helmet, with direct vet provenance from the 29th Division who recovered a KM helmet in the Rhineland. A KM camo is rare enough but fellow collector I know well picke

?

Default Re: KM Camo Twins

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Are thoses helmets coastal kriegsmarine helmets because of the camo?

Chris
    Chris, my helmet was brought back by a veteran from the 29th ID who liberated the helmet in the Rhineland. I do not have the details of this divisions engagements in front of me but I do know they engaged a German Division in the Rhine area that was supplemented with surplus Kreigsmarine troops. Presumably it's twin also came to the USA in a similar fashion from the same KM unit given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for the compliments gents, a real rare pair for sure!

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Camo Twins
    P
    Many

Remarkable KM
    Always great to see your collection.
    The quality of your helmets, is just amazing

Quote by DougB View Post
    Chris, my helmet was brought back by a veteran from the 29th ID who liberated the helmet in the Rhineland. I do not have the details of this divisions engagements in front of me but I do know they engaged a German Division in the Rhine area that was supplemented with surplus Kreigsmarine troops. Presumably it's twin also came to the USA in a similar fashion from the same KM unit given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for the compliments gents, a real rare pair for sure!

Doug
    thank you Doug for the info, nice to know where they came from.

Chris

Doug, that is the nicest pair (of helmets) that I have ever laid eyes on. Your taste in helmetry is impeccable.

It's kind of funny how the Germans kept up with their equipment. If they had an entire SS division with one surplus KM man in it, I would be willing to bet that he would have been issued with a KM helmet and uniform even if they had boxes full of SS gear to go around.

4md
    ?

now that is a great set of twins!

?

I'd definetly take these German twins over human female ones any day!

But seriously, I think you've been blessed by the TR collecting Gods. What are the odds of having them together!? Incredible, Im absolutely beside myself on this one.....*lifts jaw back up*...ahh thats better.Thanks for sharing Doug! I love KM stuff, although I only own one KM item...An emaculate named gas mask and cannister. Here's a couple pics and sorry to step on your page!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Camo Twins   KM Camo Twins  

KM Camo Twins  

?

A nice gasmask, named too. THanks for sharing!
    The KM twin to mine cost a pretty penny in trade, a DD FJR6 helmet! But its worth it in my minds eye to have identifiable unit twin camo helmets, KM to boot!

?

Nice to see.

?

Nice to see your stunning KM camo helmets Doug!!

Beautiful helmets!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast