MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Article about: by cgp1066 I respect everybody's views on this, especially yours Frank, you raise some very good points, but I still have doubts that this is a classic reissue. Regards, Corey Sometimes a di

?

Default Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

I had someone look at it closeup and provided me some insite. Said is was unusual to have decal on psate.
    Was told that this may be a KM, was told that the in a close-up picture above, possibly shows decal appearance 3D like in the feather areas on the left and right wings and some areas of the cross. I will have to get some clearer pics in the morning to double check. He also stated that SE helmets did have a contract with the KM for a short time. I did do a zoom and there does appear to be some 3D affect. Was told that a 3D look is a good sign of a KM. I know the gold doesn't appear as dark as the pic you sent...but he also said that there appears to be slight gold line around the bottom and right side of the black shield. Also that the color in the feather area is not black/dark but faded greenish similar to the 3D affect.

Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste?

Hi,this one looks like a good toned heer decal to me.The colour of the decal is just not showing a deep enough gold for me to think it's a KM.Nice HEER helmet in my opinion.

?

I am no expert, that why I am looking for info...in the sun it shows gold glitter, in the close up pic inside shot, when zoom in, I think I see some 3D effects...I will try some pics with a camera that can zoom in at higher resolution. Toned heer decal? Turned gold? I have seen some helmets with heer decals and slitly turned brown, but never with a metalic gold look. Deep enough gold?

A good KM decal will usually show a very visable black "border"around the outside edges of the eagle.I cant see any on this one.The toneing of a decal comes from when the "lacquer"that the decal was applied with has turned darker with age.On a good heer decal that makes the white bird turn goldish to varying levels.

?

Oher question, Zimmerit paste or sand paint? One friend siad it is sand paint, which is what I thought...but another said Zimmerit camo paste. Are all rough type helmets refered to as Zimmerit, or was real Zimmerit applied? Some people say Zimmeritt was used on tanks only and gave specifics?
     40 % Barium sulfate - BaSO4
     25 % polyvinyl acetate – PVA (similar to wood glue)
     15 % pigment (ochre)
     10 % Zinc sulfide – ZnS
     10 % sawdust
    I have entertained the idea of selling it, but dont wanna give it away. Are Zimmerit type helmets rare? I never seen any but one in a helemet book.
    I was offered about $800 for it by a wwII helmet dealer. I am sure it would be more if he will sell it and make some extra money off of it. Any ideas of value/price? I have looked on many sites and they vary...

My thoughts on so called "zimmerit" helmets is this ( my opinion of course )
    zimmerit paste was applied to tanks to stop magnetic mines therefore was applied quite thick to do so. Tanks already weigh heaps so some additional weight didn't matter BUT adding too much to a helmet would make your noggin & neck hurt! The average depot painter could just as easily chuck some sand or a fistful of sawdust into a paint mix as try to find some Zimmerit to spread on a helmet so I'm leaning toward the former rather that the special anti-magnetic coating being on your helmet.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

it is not zimmerit and I don't believe it's a KM decal , lacks the deeper golden color.
    You did post this one a GHW a couple of days ago right ?

?

Thanks, yeah I am new to the research...thats why am asking the good questions.

A Heer Decal and not Zimmerit in my opinion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

dosent look to be a km decal from what i can see the SE m35 KM ive got you can see the gold flakeing and thats a60% decal.well you lern somthing new everyday i dident even no about zimmerit paint.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast