Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

KM helmet for review

Article about: Hello guys. I have this question. Did KM-helmets existed in M42 models? And if so, is this a genuine lid then? I accually think the decal is a WH decal with some coloration. I'm also not 100

?

Default KM helmet for review

Hello guys. I have this question. Did KM-helmets existed in M42 models? And if so, is this a genuine lid then?
    I accually think the decal is a WH decal with some coloration. I'm also not 100% convinced on the liner... and also the chinstrap look kind of new.
    May I have some opinions on this one please? Thx.

KM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for review

I just asked the seller for a better close up from the decal.

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM helmet for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: KM helmet for review

Hi Krisse, i'm not convinced that this is a kriegsmarine decal either,but a better close up will help for sure. As for the liner , again ,I really cannot say for sure,but it does seem rather new looking. Finally,the chinstrap is a maker that I have owned , but i'm unsure again!! What I will say is that it is unusual(not unheard of though)that it is so much earlier in date than an M42 would normally have. Not much help, sorry, Leon.

?

Better pictures

That chinstrap does look like a repro....

?

Yeh, IMO the liner looks repro aswell. I asked a close up from the decal but the seller says that I have to come and check the lid at his place.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Yeh, IMO the liner looks repro aswell. I asked a close up from the decal but the seller says that I have to come and check the lid at his place.
    That is a bad sign.
    chris

?

KM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for reviewKM helmet for review

Well, a bad sign yes but he also has a M42 Heer for sale and I think that lid is 100% okay.

K.

First one is not a KM, could be a good NS. I don't like any of the interior.

?

Thx Krad. He's asking 1300€ for the 'KM'-helmet. So, that's no go for me atm...

Hi Krisse, that HEER helmet is a much better looking helmet, even though the pictures are of a similar quality it just stands out as being a good lid compared to the first one shown. Give the first one a miss and go for the HEER!! Leon.