Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Kriegsmarine decal?

Article about: Hello gentlemenS ,um I've been offered a double decal possible Kriegsmarine M35 helmet(unfortunately post war repainted in black). Normaly i wouldn't be interested in it,but recently i was a

?

Default A Kriegsmarine decal?

Hello gentlemenS ,um I've been offered a double decal possible Kriegsmarine M35 helmet(unfortunately post war repainted in black).
    Normally i wouldn't be interested in it,but recently i was able to use a repainted M42 shell in a big trade(coming soon in the axis militaria section),so i'm thinking i can do the same with this one if i can get it cheap enough.
    My question is it a Kriegsmarine decal or a toned Heer!?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Kriegsmarine decal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Kriegsmarine decal?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

To me, it shows promise but a straight on shot is needed. I think I can see the raised edge around the left wing at the top (side closest to the split pin) which is typical of the KM two layer decals.

Too bad someone scraped off the Swas and head of the Eagle.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If you ask me its too bad someone painted it black and ruined it in the first place...The guy who is selling it ruined the decal while stripping the paint...
    Any ways thanks M.
    Here is a pic of the tricolor as well.
    Emanuil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Kriegsmarine decal?  

MAP
    ?

Didn't see that it was painted black with the first shot. Although I do believe there were black Luft and Heer helmets.... I would pass on this one

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, certainly looks like it is an original KM decal to me, good black "edge" lines around the Adler and an even deep golden colour. As already said it is a shame that the black paint had been applied. That will seriously have affected this ones value and desirability. Leon.

?

Today i went to finish a deal that i had going on whit this guy,and i checked the helmet in person,i took a few not so good quick photos of it.
    But i don't think the helmet is worth the effort even as a piece i can use for a trade.I'm just wondering would it even be worth 200 euros?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Kriegsmarine decal?   A Kriegsmarine decal?  

A Kriegsmarine decal?  

M38
    ?

It's well worth 200 euros. Just the parts alone - shell, liner, and rivets - are worth more than that. It's really not that bad, many worse ones out there. It is just not a beautiful highly desirable one.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Alright then,thanks Terry!
    Problem is the guy is asking like 900 dolars or something like that...I told him i wouldn't even go near that price,so now i'm waiting for him to come back with a price closer to the 200 euros.
    Emanuil.

MAP
    ?

That is a major gap in prices and I doubt the seller will go down to the Euro 200 + level. IMHO, the $900 is overpriced but I would think the $400 to $500 range is acceptable. Yes it was painted black at one point but the decal is 70% intact (but missing the major parts) and the liner appears solid.

As Terry notes, it's not a bad helmet (...just look at all the ones posted here that with totally washed out decals, rotten liners, etc.) and it is a KM. Which themselves demand a significant premium. Decent relic lids these days are going for $100 or more...

Quote by Ripper View Post
    Alright then,thanks Terry!
    Problem is the guy is asking like 900 dolars or something like that...I told him i wouldn't even go near that price,so now i'm waiting for him to come back with a price closer to the 200 euros.
    Emanuil.
    Hi Emanuil, 900 dollars is way to much for this one, In fact I would not pay half that personally. It is in to poorer condition for the price. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast