Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine decal ?

Article about: i have several helmets that i beleive are Kriegsmarine. i think that i finaly figured out the difference. the Kriegsmarine decal under a loop glass has gold leaf and the border is all around

Default Kriegsmarine decal ?

i have several helmets that i beleive are Kriegsmarine. i think that i finaly figured out the difference. the Kriegsmarine decal under a loop glass has gold leaf and the border is all around the eagle. this is one i have for sale but i dont want to make a mistake. what your opinions? thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine decal ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine decal ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine decal ?

Looks a good one to me. I can see the gold flakes you would expect to see, be interested to see what others think

i have also noticed that the layers are different between heer and Kriegsmarine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine decal ?   Kriegsmarine decal ?  

hi

nice decalls but whats whit that rivet on the heeres lid

Quote by jacob dubbel View Post
    hi

nice decalls but whats whit that rivet on the heeres lid
    Parade helmet i would think. and I maybe sticking my neck out, but it looks like a private purchase decal?
    Just try to remember that it is the lacquer that turns most decals a golden colour, and a lot of people get confused between a toned Heer,and a true KM.

i got the heer decal from a popular helmet site for example(it,s not mine) the km belongs to me

got a link as i would like to see the whole lid

?

The decal appears to be a toned Heer decal.

Here for comparison is a known good KM decal off a recent pick-up of mine, a DD M35 KM helmet. I am not on my home computer so I went to GHW forum and took these pics off so if anyone wants to see the entire thread it is located here;

Kriegsmarine Double Decal M35 ET62 - German Helmet Walhalla

I would expect a deeper gold and seeing a definite border to the gold overlay as seen in the picture with the flash glare to better expose the gold overlay border.

The gold should also be quite a bit deeper in tone.

That all being said, I am a tad rushed as I am doing this on the fly from work, and pics taken under a loupe may be quite a bit washed out in color and contrast.

(The Deaths Head is my watermark, that is not part of the real decal).
    I will pop in to this thread later and have a closer look

Cheers
    Doug

I tried to neutralize the colour balance. Not sure if I've succeeded

Boys, if the man says Heer. Then a Heer it is!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine decal ?  

aah you big suck up just kidding

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast