Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518

Article about: Hi Guys - This was posted on WAF but when migrating over to their new system it was deleted as part of 3 weeks of missing posts. Either that or they hated it. I've Had it for a couple months

Default Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518

Hi Guys - This was posted on WAF but when migrating over to their new system it was deleted as part of 3 weeks of missing posts. Either that or they hated it. I've Had it for a couple months. Its my 1st Eisenwerk made KM. The others I have are SE. I like keeping the links to all my helmets in a folder on computer. That way I can track who bad mouths them and is on my S••T List LOL JK. The dome is worn on this one. As stated in another Jim G post ... I feel like KMs have a problem "keeping the paint" but it definitely adds a flair and has look all its own. Not a big "liner fiddler" so unsure the maker of the liner. Has square bales. Pins are flat as a board. As Ive said to friends... I love reading about "the forgotten service." They were also the least political branch of the Wehrmacht IMO. As well as severe underdogs after their initial U Boot successes. And they maintained all of the old Navy traditions that all navies share from eras past. Its all very interesting to me. And the helmets always look killer. Thanks for looking !
    Z

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Fantastic helmet, great decal. What's not to like.

And another ET62. The proportion of KM 62's we have seen just appears higher than other branches.

As far as paint loss? I attributive that unscientifically to exposure to the salt air.

Leather appears to be made by F.W. Muller. I do not know if they were associated with any particular liner maker.

Was this #2 or #3?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More young people in the Navy ? Smaller sized sailors and heads? U Boots?

Is the font on the leather giving away the FW Muller. I should consult Andrea’s liner study more often.

I believe the wear to the dome was from sitting under the periscope of a U Boot. Water dripping down? Hahahaha.

Thanks for looking at it Michael. Again. I guess that’s what we do though. Love German Helmets Doesnt get old (yet. Haha. Until I start collecting those red Greek Genie hats)
    Z

Quote by MAP View Post
    Fantastic helmet, great decal. What's not to like.

And another ET62. The proportion of KM 62's we have seen just appears higher than other branches.

As far as paint loss? I attributive that unscientifically to exposure to the salt air.

Leather appears to be made by F.W. Muller. I do not know if they were associated with any particular liner maker.

Was this #2 or #3?
    This was my 3rd KM in my collection. Had a 4th but that went back Germany bound w the funky pins
    Z

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    More young people in the Navy ? Smaller sized sailors and heads? U Boots?

Is the font on the leather giving away the FW Muller. I should consult Andrea’s liner study more often.

I believe the wear to the dome was from sitting under the periscope of a U Boot. Water dripping down? Hahahaha.

Thanks for looking at it Michael. Again. I guess that’s what we do though. Love German Helmets Doesnt get old (yet. Haha. Until I start collecting those red Greek Genie hats)
    Z
    Yes, I consulted Ken's book for the stamping. I had a pdf of Andrea's helmet stamps but misplaced it. Not happy about that.

you could probably peek in to see the liner maker.

I'm going through a "bored" state with Steel helmets...although that new KM M42 looked nice from the blurry screen shots

You are cornering the market on KM's
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes, I consulted Ken's book for the stamping. I had a pdf of Andrea's helmet stamps but misplaced it. Not happy about that.

you could probably peek in to see the liner maker.

I'm going through a "bored" state with Steel helmets...although that new KM M42 looked nice from the blurry screen shots

You are cornering the market on KM's
    I know I could prob peek in and I will. Just a wuss sometimes. Something snaps in it and Ill FREAK. Haha

I know you are going through a bored phase. Good thing you have other Militaria interests. But your a Helmet Head at heart so may as well not fool yourself.

Yes unsure which or what or if any of the recent KM helmet auction wins will be on the classifieds in a month or so ....but you will sure be in the know my friend

Z

Very nice helmet, Zach.
    I think it might very well be a FWM liner with that size stamp.
    I think the chinstrap may have been a Norway reissue, as it looks as though it has the brown dye the Norwegians used over the leather and the buckle.
    But overall it's a pretty cool helmet!
    Luis

Good catch Luis .... you could be right. I see paint on the buckle. Seems to fit this helm like a glove so whenever it was. Same knife mark as well that some collector must have had over brim.

To be perfectly honest... Chinstraps and Tie Strings are low on my list of priorities when purchasing/looking over a helmet. Original Paint / Original Decal / Original Liner are the biggies for me. And with this one... I def did not pay extra for a strap. I'll let it ride for now LOL
    Z

Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518Kriegsmarine m35 et62 lot 4518

Gee Zach, hope I’m not on the S..t list.

It’s a great example but please leave some KM’s for others..

Has a great been there look to it - nice!

Andy

Thanks Andy. No you are firmly planted on the "bro" list for. We are lucky on WRF ...not many bad apples It does have a worn look. I wish there were more period pics of Navy men wearing these ... there are some that I have but not many. Probably a lot are in private collections.

I think this one is from the Battle of Westerplatte. Some of the 1st shots fired in Europe by Germany.. by the KM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast