Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

Article about: Hello fellow helmeteers. would like to share the newest addition to my herd of turtles, this SE66 M35 Kriegsmarine reissue. She is wearing a brush applied coat of green reissue paint over th

Talking Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

Hello fellow helmeteers.

would like to share the newest addition to my herd of turtles, this SE66 M35 Kriegsmarine reissue. She is wearing a brush applied coat of green reissue paint over the original grey (battleship grey?). The decal has been carefully painted around. You can see the original grey under the decal in the damaged areas (The helmet comes to me from Germany so I think some denazification has happened sadly....) The tricolour is still there I think, there is a darker area on the right side where it would be.

Liner is the reinforced alu type, dated 1940 but I cannot make out the factory and I don't want to pull on it. If anyone can please let me know. It is a big size 59 and has 8.5 fingers which is pretty nice, I've not had one like that before. The chinstrap is marked G Schiele Loburg 1940. The strap was broken at one point, and very nicely repaired. However, in the process of the repair, whoever did it flipped it the wrong way...... I'll leave it alone for now but I might one day be tempted to change it back.

I hope you like her, my very first KM and a good contender for my new favourite lid. AND I can just about get this one on my head, which is another first! I think I really need a 60 though.....

Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KMKriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

That is one killer navy kraut pot Andy!

Don't forget to post it in the 'Post your Kriegsmarine helmets' thread I love that thread.

I bet reissue ones are quite hard to find.

Cheers

Thanks mate. I wasn't even looking for a KM lid at the time, this one just appeared and I couldn't refuse

I'll be sure to put it in that thread.

Cheers, Andy

That's a pretty one. Congrats! It's a shame that most of the decal is gone but the helmet otherwise is perfect.

I think you are right about the denazification. The wear on the swastika is the giveaway.

Apparently these KM decals don't adhere well to a rough finish. This M35 is a little rarer in that it has the 1940 spec textured factory paint on it. Check this old thread for it's twin from DH (not in his collection any more) Board Message

I love my new baby

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Apparently these KM decals don't adhere well to a rough finish. This M35 is a little rarer in that it has the 1940 spec textured factory paint on it. Check this old thread for it's twin from DH (not in his collection any more) Board Message

I love my new baby
    Mine sold pretty cheap , I think I even made a loss on it. Paid it too much to begin with.
    These are tough to find though so well done. I also don't think the damage is from denazification , just a problem with the decal not getting decently applied to the shell.

Ah, I forgot you had a different name on here mate.

?

What a fine conditon lid. Congrats.

Careful, that your herd of turtles dont spawn even more and take over your house!

(Herd of turtles - good one).

?

I would say that its not been denazified, theres no apparent damage to the textured surface or paint under the decal, any type of scraping would leave obvious scratches to the top nibs of the texture IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast