Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

Article about: Hello fellow helmeteers. would like to share the newest addition to my herd of turtles, this SE66 M35 Kriegsmarine reissue. She is wearing a brush applied coat of green reissue paint over th

Default Re: Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM

If it has not been intentionally denazified, then it's unfortunate that the wear pattern just happened to follow the pattern of the swastika...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M35 Reissue. SE66 #078. My First KM
    P
    Many

Agreed. It looks like someone couldn't stand the mean look on the bird's face as well..

For all we know, if could have been done by some bored kid who was playing with it in the past 70 or so years, but I do not think that the wear on the swastika was an accident.

Either way, it has been denazified by someone or something, since the swastika is gone. It is a beautiful helmet regardless.

It seems odd, that the swastika is gone-arm for arm for arm, but not Between the arms? Given the bubbly condition of the decal, I don't imagine it would have taken much for someone to lightly and carefully remove the "politically incorrect offending bits" without damaging anything else like the underlying paint surface. Other than the loss of decal, there seems to be very little if any significant wear to the paint of anything else. An excellent and fairly tough to locate helmet-a shame it had to run into someone that decided to "improve it"!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm wondering if the gold areas, due to a more brittle metallic composition perhaps, are more prone to flaking? There is no flaking of the black area from the outside inwards if you notice. This would explain why the gold swas is gone in the way it has. In hand there is no evidence at all of scratching or intentional removal, I just assumed so because of the fine condition of the rest of the lid.

Either way I'm a happy bunny, I was resigned to a denazified lid but having seen a few KM decals with the same flaking on a rough finish I think I might have changed my mind

Thanks for all the kind words chaps.

?

Party decals tend to flake the white portion off before anything else. I bet it's the same with the KM here, the gold overlaid eagle flaked off before the rest. I think it looks very cool now!

4md
    ?

great KM, looks the goods

very neat lid just love the look of the paint, have a flaker myself, now on the hunt for one thats not flaked off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2