Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine M40

Article about: by ObKrieger It's a decent helmet, but for my money I'd wait for one with a better decal. I agree,there is not enough of the decal left for my liking, wait for a better one. Also I do not li

?

Default Kriegsmarine M40

Hi, got permission from the seller of this "kriegsmarine" helmet to post it here. First I thought it just was a darkened heer decal but I think it has the goldish color when you look at the close-up. What do you think? What about the dark leather? Could it be water that has caused that? Would appreciate opinions, the asking price is 450 £.

Thanks Sweguy

Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine M40

I would say this one is a KM, the pics are pretty crap though. Get better ones before you drop any cash

?

Thanks Andy, better pictures will show up soon

Hi,i would say that this is a KM although I cannot see the black border to the adler. The reason I say that is that I have seen a few KM helmets in this green/brown paint work! Do not pay over the odds though as the decal is poor. Leon.

From the tiny bits of decal still stuck on this helmet, it is a good chance it is a KM...
    The darkened leather could be from oiling to soften it when it dried out. In any case, the leather is still separating from the ring and for 450 BP, I am not enamored with the entire package...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Does look like a KM.
    The liner is period but has been played with.
    chris

?

Hello, here is more pics. He says I can get it for 370 GBP with shipping included, what would you say is a good deal for this one? The only minus for me is that the leather is so dark..

Thanks for everyone's inputs
    Regards Sweguy

Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40Kriegsmarine M40

To pay a substantial Premium on top of a normal helmet price for the few tiny remnants of a decal is not worth it, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree, you can get a decent heer for that amount. The lowest he could get was 317 GBP

//Sweguy

It's a decent helmet, but for my money I'd wait for one with a better decal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast