Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine SD for authentication

Article about: I have found this (M40?) Kriegsmarine helmet and would like your opinions. I have some more close up pics of the decal coming, and will then be able to confirm that it is Kriegsmarine rather

?

Default Kriegsmarine SD for authentication

I have found this (M40?) Kriegsmarine helmet and would like your opinions. I have some more close up pics of the decal coming, and will then be able to confirm that it is Kriegsmarine rather than Heer, but I would like to see whether it is worth going further before then. Apart from the poor decal pic the liner and rest of the helmet look good to me. It is market ET64, but the lot number is indistinct.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine SD for authentication  Kriegsmarine SD for authentication  Kriegsmarine SD for authentication 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine SD for authentication
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine SD for authentication

I don't like the liner and chinstrap from here. Better pics of the decal are needed.

I don't think that it is Kriegsmarine either.

?

There is a superb thread on the forum which shows the differences between the Heer and Kriegsmarine decals, with some excellent close-up shots showing the gold flakes to highlight their appearance. Have a look on the steel helmets forum and I am sure that you will find it. The images above are not very clear but if you can find the link, that should help you. The swastika for sure should have an almost 3D appearance when examined closely.

Regards,

Carl

?

Aaaargh, and I thought it looked promising! I will post more pics as soon as I get them.

?

Thanks Carl. I did read that thread, which was most informative, and would agree that I need a much more detailed pic of the decal to see anything.

?

Im with Mo on this one, that chin strap looks far too thick in places, the liner appears very new looking, as for the decal i reserve judgement on that until further pics are forthcoming, but i dont hold out much hope at this stage

?

From the new pics the decal is not Kriegsmarine, but still no clearer on the rest. I would agree the chinstrap looks too new as well as the liner. Should I walk?

Kriegsmarine SD for authenticationKriegsmarine SD for authenticationKriegsmarine SD for authenticationKriegsmarine SD for authentication