Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

labeled m35

Article about: the members on this site have always been helpful to me so i thought i would post my newly acquired helmet because i think its worth looking at and might be helpful. it has may 7 1945 shippi

Default labeled m35

the members on this site have always been helpful to me so i thought i would post my newly acquired helmet because i think its worth looking at and might be helpful. it has may 7 1945 shipping label and a return label taped to dome.
    this shows me it as it was in 1945. its a quist m35 double decal field painted, with well worn heer decal painted over tri color, round die-stamped schuberth liner,schulabeled m35labeled m35beth non reinforced aluminum frame dated 1936, a otto sindel 1935 dated carbine hook chin strap. its stamped q66 and 2818 a high lot number for this configuration, i figure 1937. owner name written inside G Ditrich. i will be happy to post any pictures you would like see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement labeled m35
    P
    Many

Ww2 mailed home helmets are hard to find.great item.
    Chris

A great buy, those mailing labels are a real bonus! Is that a black over paint or just the "lighting"? If it is black, that makes it an even more unusual HEER over paint! Leon.

Can you post much better photos of the helmet , larger photos , close-ups of the decals, inside of the helmet ?

Thanks.

the overpaint is dark green . i need a day or two to get good pictures those two were from the auction
    house. i like this helmet because it gives me the opportunity to study something unmolested and that along with my books and this website helps me gain knowledge. thanks for your interest i will start working on pictures.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Frank. Better pictures are needed but I'm thinking its a good one based on the aging of the tape and mail home labels.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default pictures

do you think that it dates to 1937labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35labeled m35

MAP
    ?

Interesting. It looks like a very early lid given the embossed liner and M18 Carbine hook and roller buckle chin strap. These are found on very early M35's as well as transitional helmets. The chin strap photo is a bit blurry but looks to be dated 1936.

Is there a dome stamp?

The embossed (die stamped) liner I think dates only from 1936. After this ink stamps were used.

Would like to here from others with more experience with these early helmets, but I think you have a winner! I've never held one in person. Just 1938 and beyond

If you get tired of it, would look great on my shelf! LoL!

Regards,

Michael

P.S. made a few edits to original comment.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks for your reply. chinstrap has a 1935 date and i can't find a dome stamp. from what i have been reading a guist lot number 2821 dates to 1937 is that correct?

MAP
    ?

Quote by 1963rivera View Post
    thanks for your reply. chinstrap has a 1935 date and i can't find a dome stamp. from what i have been reading a guist lot number 2821 dates to 1937 is that correct?
    Would have to wait for others with more experience than I in these early helmets and lot numbers. Ken N's book could give you some general insight as well as the Lot number database on GHW. But you have a 36 leather liner, 1935 early chinstrap and non-reinforced liner band (assume dated 1936). All very very early. Hope the news is good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast