Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz

Article about: Large size Q68 beaded Luftschutz decal has faded in time I don't know about the removed decals on the side post war or foreign fighter? You can see the outlines of them liner is there draw s

Default Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz

Large size Q68 beaded Luftschutz decal has faded in time I don't know about the removed decals on the side post war or foreign fighter? You can see the outlines of them liner is there draw string probably not original to helmet no chinstrap. I am not sure if it is a M-35 or 40. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz   Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz  

Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz   Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz

Nice M40 beaded. The liner cord may well be period IMO. Who knows on the 'decals', likely post war messing about by somebody. Has something been spilled on it and then cleaned off? My screen is buggered so it is not showing up very well.

Well that's another great helmet Tim!! If the "shadow" decals are a play thing it has been done superbly!! I would say personally that they are correct given the shell they are on (no value in faking a beady!) That's not to say that our good friend Kradspam is wrong!! All in all I like it for what it is! Leon.

?

I think it's ok. I love these large sized Lufty schutz's.Mine is also a Q68 , but it doesn't have any decals. Your Liner, cork looks fine too,IMO .no opinion on the decals . To be honest, this is my favorite helmet I own ( it fits my big head). Here's a few pics as a reference. Sorry if you've already seen it before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz   Large size Q68 Beaded Luftschutz  

Last edited by Dean; 07-28-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Kradspam in ref spill not while I have had it there is some age spots and a lot of dust on it. The decals whatever they were are just ghost images. The only thing that comes close to that is the Bel Russian decals shown in Brian Bell's book but then again there is some W german city;s that might have had a coat of arms decal. They are a mystery. Thanks Leon Dean yours is a nice Beaded LS. timothy

?

It does look like some dust is on the skirt, along with finger/ hand prints. A slight rubdown with a terry cloth will do the job. I think you did a fine job on this one. Thanks for sharing,Tim.
    Cheers,
    Dean.

?

Cool beaded M40 LS Timothy, in a nice large size as well.
    A good well worn LS decal on that one too.
    As for the ghosted shields, I don't have a clue, but I am guessing post war.

Nice example Dean, I guess that rippling would be the reason this one got beaded.

Brad.

?

Yes, thanks Lidman. Although this isn't my thread,I believe you're right about the rippling being the reason it was luftyfied. I just posted it as a reference. The helmet that started the thread is nice but the shield decals puzzle me. Would it have those if it wasn't meant for combat? If so, why was it turned into LS?
    Last edited by Dean; 07-30-2013 at 02:31 AM.