Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm

Article about: Picked this up today at Brimfield Antique and collectables fair in Western Massachusetts. SE62 stamped on shell, but has 54 printed on what remains of the leather liner. (Can anyone explain

Default Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm

Picked this up today at Brimfield Antique and collectables fair in Western Massachusetts. SE62 stamped on shell, but has 54 printed on what remains of the leather liner. (Can anyone explain this?) I'm happy to post more specific photos if anyone desires, but I think this is a fairly standard piece of kit. I fell in love with the decal, the gold on that adler was its chief selling point.
    Surface is far smoother than the photos suggest.
    Got the dealer down from $650 to $550 which I know is still a lot, but after the past few 'mickey mouse' rip-off transactions I suffered I was just happy to have the item 'in hand' to inspect.
    Also bought the zeltbahn pictured

Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm
    P
    Many

I would love to see more pictures!!! 550.00 is not a bad price not everyone has a Kreigs in their collection and would like to find one at that price.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

56 is the size of the liner.

Would need better pictures of the decal but it looks like a KM and not a toned Heer from what I can see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Well done! Solid helmet, solid price.

Hi, looks like a nice KM, I can just make out the black border around the Adler, but better pictures would be good. The 54 is the liner size as Michael says. Leon.

?

Very nice KM , good find.

The lotnr will tell if this one falls into KM range for SE.
    SE only made SD M35 KM's and only for a short spell around 1940.

Thanks for all the feedback gents. But These are the best photos I can muster I'm afraid. Hopefully these will be sufficient for your further verification.
    It's virtually impossible to read but the second batch of numbers on the shell appears to be stamped: 4805
    The other stamp definitely says SE62.
    The split rivet type liner retention pins are all present and correct. Didn't want to play around or strectch the liner too much because the leather is very brittle in places.
    Does anybody know how I might safely clean off the two or three small grey scuffs shown in the first picture?

Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal StalhelmLatest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm

Looks like a nice helmet.

Well SE62 4805 is listed as a single decal HEER but this still looks more like a KM decal to me. SE62 4789, and SE64 4831 are the nearest single decal KM's in my reference book, but as we all know, Lot numbers do not directly relate to a branch of service when issued. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast