Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm

Article about: Picked this up today at Brimfield Antique and collectables fair in Western Massachusetts. SE62 stamped on shell, but has 54 printed on what remains of the leather liner. (Can anyone explain

?

Congratulations Mr Sykes. I very glad to see that after your past experiences that you now own something to be proud of and also obtained at a good price.

On a side note, Is Sykes your last name? If so are there any Stanley or Guy Sykes in your ancestry?

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest buy: M35 Kriegsmarine single decal Stalhelm
    P
    Many

Thanks Leon. And yes, there is no mistaking the coloration on this eagle. It is the KM very deep gold finish that I have read about. And thank you AZ Phil - At last I have the 'real McCoy' in hand! And no there's nobody by that name in my clan, well, not that I know of. But it's a fairly common north Yorkshire surname. And that's where I'm from originally.
    All the best,
    Sykes27f

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well SE62 4805 is listed as a single decal HEER but this still looks more like a KM decal to me. SE62 4789, and SE64 4831 are the nearest single decal KM's in my reference book, but as we all know, Lot numbers do not directly relate to a branch of service when issued. Leon.
    48xx is a good number as most SE KM's fall into that range. So 1+1 makes it KM , congrats.

?

Yes it is, and the name is on my wife's side of the Family and they would have come over here in the late 1800's and traveled from the east coast and out to here in Arizona. Some mention in the family about Sir Stanley Sykes was appointed to Queen Victoria's court as her Artist. He was the father of Stanley and Guy. Just checking as I love to research!!!
    Thank You for the reply.
    Semper Fi

?

Nice KM helmet at a decent price!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2