Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet

Article about: Hi chaps Not my area but saw this and wondered if it was geunine? Never heard of them before. Sorry about pics but thats all there is

Default Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet

Hi chaps

Not my area but saw this and wondered if it was geunine? Never heard of them before. Sorry about pics but thats all there is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet   Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet  

Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leibkompanie 1st Foot Guards M16 Helmet
    P
    Many

Hard to tell with those pictures.
    there is very few originals .
    this one could be ok but better pictures.
    chris

?

Sorry Ben it looks like one of the many postwar fakes. Here are two originals.

Attachment 580410

Attachment 580411

?

Agree that it looks like the fakes that have been poppiing up here and there on online auction sites.
    Regards,
    John

?

Note mine are not Liebkompanie but Guard units nonetheless.

Hi , I can only say that looking at Doug's originals to compare with, the one you have posted seems to show a clearer shield design , which makes me think it is a more modern addition.The edges are much sharper and seem to be almost applied with "more care" than the originals?? Just my thoughts, Leon.

Cheers guys I only posted it out of interest, if it had been original someone might have liked it
    Ben

I still like it Ben,don't get downhearted.

?

A point I noticed is that this helmet looks to have a three pad liner yet an ordinary flat liner pin on the rear, I would have thought it should have the larger stud, if the helmet has not been interfered with, but perhaps it was replaced,as for the (stencil) or hand painted decal, I rely on the opinion of more knowlegable collectors of these early insignias