Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lies about m40

Article about: I was just looking at that helmet, it's quite impressive without having to lie about it

Default Lies about m40

Guys currently on ebay uk is an m40 which i sold about a year ago.Its provinence when i bought it was, it was recovered in the Demjansk area.The guy i can asure you is telling fibs about it being found in leningrad ,and he also tell s the division it belongs to ect,which is also made up.This is all made up to hike the interest ,and the price up,which shows you the cheats out there.That being said it is an interesing m40 with i think the remains of an ss decal.The liner is just sitting in the shell and not attached.Its worth some money, but forget about the fantasy story he has concocted,lv(120617220070)
    Last edited by LAS VEGAS; 09-04-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lies about m40
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Lies about m40

I wonder why he feels the need to come out with all this rubbish if the provenance was from Demjansk then that should make the lid interesting enough , if it's SS it would be Totenkopf or the Danish Legion.

Are you going to challenge his story LV ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Somehow, we need to spread the gospel about not buying the story to every potential collector out there.

?

I saw on ebay today a bloke who has two SS lids he found "in a house I am renovating". Also a supposed M40 with WW1 cam, and a german made spanish M35 export model with no markings and the clip on the front for the badge IMO looks dodgy and facing the wrong way!!!

Good old eBay. That site has become the clearing house and refuge for thieves, liars and bastards. I am not saying that there are not some honest sellers there, but I think the majority are full of S%&t. Unless, you are positive of what you are buying there, it is best to take everything posted on eBay with a mountain-sized grain of salt.

?

Since I have been on this forum I have learnt a fair bit and like going thru e bay and going "fake,fake,fake" to most of the helmets I see.....Forewarned is forearmed!

Interesting helmet ........Here's the description from the seller, and photos before it get pulled..........................

Fascinating Relic Helmet from the 1942 battle for Leningrad of a Nederland Volunteer Grenadier Division soldier.

This helmet was recovered from a derilict building near the Volkhov River. Further inspection reveals evidence of use by an elite unit; e.g. the destinctive cammo cover clip rusted to the rear apron, and the remnants of the decal to the left side, indicate use by an elite unit.

The chinstrap catch is the type found on 1930's parade helmets, indicating use of surplus stocks, as German combat chinstraps used conventional buckles.

A full history of this divisions action combined with Army Group North is included with this helmet.

A fascinating relic for those who study the elite units that fought on the Eastern Front during WW2.

Please note; no insignia of the type that may offend survives on this WW2 historic relic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lies about m40  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lies about m40  Lies about m40  Lies about m40 

paul e i think i will after i type this, as it will show people are watching that know better its provinence,las vegas

?

Love the derelict buidling story !!! This one is straight from the ground so why not say so ?

These people can't lie straight in bed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Guys i just sent the guy a message through ebay, and asked him why he was giving an obviously false story as it was recovered at Demjansk ,and i bought it directly from Russian dealers.Of course there is the possility he bought it from another who has owned it since me ,and was told that story,?lv
    Last edited by LAS VEGAS; 09-04-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: letter left out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast