Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Local M35 "Desrt Camo" Helmet

Article about: I've got one foot in the good camo camp too mate, good luck and I hope you can get pics yourself. Muggles can't take pictures of helmets... DAK, Italy, Southern Russia are the most likely I

Default Re: Local M35 "Desrt Camo" Helmet

I've got one foot in the good camo camp too mate, good luck and I hope you can get pics yourself. Muggles can't take pictures of helmets...

DAK, Italy, Southern Russia are the most likely I reckon if it's legit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Local M35 "Desrt Camo" Helmet
    P
    Many

The owner must have done some snooping around on the Internet because the asking price definitely is not worth a gamble as it stands on these pics alone. The owner must have aspirations for a big payday. It's been two days with no reply from the owner so it may not matter anyway.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    The owner must have done some snooping around on the Internet because the asking price definitely is not worth a gamble as it stands on these pics alone. The owner must have aspirations for a big payday. It's been two days with no reply from the owner so it may not matter anyway.
    Be carful,without better pictures do not buy it.
    The liner is period but was put in later no camo on rivets size odd.
    No one can tell with those pictures good or bad camo.

Quote by Munich View Post
    Be carful,without better pictures do not buy it.
    The liner is period but was put in later no camo on rivets size odd.
    No one can tell with those pictures good or bad camo.
    Don't worry, I'm very careful. I'm not in the market for this one. Just up for discussion. I would like to get additional pics to further our discussion but I'm not holding out hope. I think the shell and paint may be good, with replaced liner, as I mentioned above. As you said, I also noticed the lack of paint on the pins. An interesting discussion piece.

Here's an interesting linky to an M35 DAK helmet for sale on GWH. The similarities regarding the finish, state of the liner and pins etc. is remarkable, and for me goes a long way to making the helmet shown here a very good candidate for being original in appearance and condition.

Unless that ones been messed with too of course....

http://germanwarhelmet.com/wp-conten...Helmet-H16.jpg

Asking price is $2650.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I was told by other helmet collectors to stay away from that site,that the owner makes fake camo helmets to sell for the real deal.

Ned, link didnt work. Says access denied. Also, hasn't their been some controversy surrounding his helmets?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Ned, link didnt work. Says access denied. Also, hasn't their been some controversy surrounding his helmets?
    I dunno about his credentials tbh, as I said before this isn't really my main focus in collecting!

Try this linky, and scroll down around half way on 'Helmets for Sale' to see if that helps. Otherwise I give up....

German War Helmet | WWII German War Helmets YOUR ULTIMATE SOURCE

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Worked that time Ned. The paint does have similarities, but I also have a few concerns about his. Scratches seem to go in all different directions and what looks to be bubbling under the paint. These really are helmets that make you scratch your head sometimes.

?

The best way to know for sure on a camo helmet is to see it in person and with daylight.
    foto will only show you what they want you to see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast