Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Lot of 8 German Helmets

Article about: Bah humbug! My birthday was in July and you guys didn't get me anything! Not even anything for Christmas! I'm meeting the gentleman after work today. It turns out I went to high school with

Default Re: Lot of 8 German Helmets

Bah humbug! My birthday was in July and you guys didn't get me anything! Not even anything for Christmas!

I'm meeting the gentleman after work today. It turns out I went to high school with his daughter and his son went to high school/ played football with my brother... He seemed receptive to making a deal. I'm optimistic that I'll at least add one helmet to my collection today... maybe more!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot of 8 German Helmets
    P
    Many

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Well my birthday is in THREE DAYS.........! ! !
    My birthday is whenever I can get a helmet for free..... ;-)

Tom

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I'm meeting the gentleman after work today. It turns out I went to high school with his daughter and his son went to high school/ played football with my brother... He seemed receptive to making a deal. I'm optimistic that I'll at least add one helmet to my collection today... maybe more!
    So it's practically a family business. Tell "your uncle" you would like to pay a lower price and I'm sure he'll accept it. And ask him to separate a dozen helmets for me the next harvest.

Ok guys! I got back from the gentleman's house a little while ago. He let me check out the helmets in his dining room... so unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury to dwell and take a million photos under ideal lighting conditions... it was also hard to note all of the markings on each of the helmets... but I tried.

He is open to offers and wants me to get back to him. If my offers are too low, he said he will take no offense.

Here we go with pics...

I am most interested in this M42. The liner is complete and in good shape but it's missing it's long chinstrap segment. It's got the remnants of a Heer decal. It has a dome ink stamp. It's marked: NS64 and 0245 for lot number

Lot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German Helmets

Next up is a double decal (Luftwaffe?) field police beaded helmet. It's named to "Max Steiner"? I think it's marked Ckl 64. Lot number 26980. The helmet shell is a nice dark blue color. It has a luftwaffe ink stamp on the liner. The chinstrap is broken.

Lot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German Helmets

Here's the fire police helmet. The marking on the rear of the skirt was hard to read... I think it said: PP Hale V:

Lot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German HelmetsLot of 8 German Helmets

Here's the combat M35... Liner is in horrible condition. I think this helmet may have been reissued post-war

Here's the beaded M40... I wish I had noticed that the photos were blurry. The liner and chinstrap look like post-war replacements:

Austrian WWI

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast