Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.

Article about: Hi again. I've also been able to buy this from a private person. (Have asked for closer pictures on the German helmets). I know it's hard to judge from just these pics and I will post the ne

?

Default Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.

Hi again. I've also been able to buy this from a private person. (Have asked for closer pictures on the German helmets).

I know it's hard to judge from just these pics and I will post the new ones when he send me them but as far as I can tell is maybe the liner of the M40 repro and chinstrap maybe got a chance. He wants 90£

And the M42 doesn't that one got a Russian M39 liner? Maybe it originally belonged to the other Russian helmet on the picture? For this one 60£

Well, let me hear what you think.

Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.

The M40 looks like a repro liner and repainted, not much value there. The M42 looks like it might have the original paint but better pics would be nice. The liner does look Soviet to me. The others are Swiss, Soviet/Czech/etc, and post war British Mk4 (1950's ish)

Not much here sorry.
    chris

?

Thanks and well, it maybe isn't the most outstanding original helmets but i'm thinking of buyng them (when seen better pictures). And maybe try to strip off the M40 paint and learn how to do it. I will certainly try to get a grouping price.

And by the way isn't the M39 Russian helmets/liners quite uncommon?

Thanks Sweguy

?

Hmm, the guy said that he had bought these from a Russian guy and this was what he said about the helmets:

The green M40 has a new liner but original strap.

On the M42 there is a decal under the paint (his son repainted it) but if you remove the paintl carefully there is a decal underneath. He would send me a picture of a similar decal he said. "He sent me a picture of a SS-helmet. Should I laugh? And obviously from these pictures the M42 is a bad repainted relic.

Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.Lot with helmets M40, M42 etc.

I would really pass on this.
    chris

?

Yes indeed, I really pass for 100% on these!!
    Sweguy

Oh god, I regret saying the M42 might have original paint now I have seen the new pics....

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Oh god, I regret saying the M42 might have original paint now I have seen the new pics....
    Looking at these pictures,the M42 looks to be a very pitted relic,i doubt very much there is any decal left to see under that re-paint that "fooled" krad LOL,this guys trying to pull the whole herd of sheep over your eyes in my opinion.Walk away fast and have nothing to do with this lot!! Leon.

?

Haha, this seller really made my day I don't know if I should say anything to him or just let it be. I actually laughed when I got his mail..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast