Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions

Article about: Hey guys, My question is in regards to lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions. I have a DD M40 police combat helmet. I have checked the lot number on the GHW lot

Default Lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions

Hey guys,
    My question is in regards to lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions.
    I have a DD M40 police combat helmet. I have checked the lot number on the GHW lot number data base, and it shares the exact same number as a DD M40 police combat helmet in camouflage.
    I'm assuming that the camouflage helmet was part of a combat unit. Is it safe to assume that my helmet was also part of this unit as it shares the same lot number? Or is there no connection at all?

Cheers guys!

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions
    P
    Many

Hi Mark, the same lot numbers can be found allocated to more than one field of service, I am assuming that yours is also the same maker and size? That said lot numbers are a good if not 100% indicator of possible service branch. As there is another on the data base matching yours, and as yet no other branch of service helmets found with that number, there is a very good chance that your helmet was in the same unit/division. Leon.

Thanks Leon! It is the same maker and size

?

There's no record to back the theory up and helmets once issued went helmet skelter as some were rack helmets, soldiers were transferred, helmets were refurbished and reissued, etc. I wouldn't place much if any stock into unit from lot number.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    There's no record to back the theory up and helmets once issued went helmet skelter as some were rack helmets, soldiers were transferred, helmets were refurbished and reissued, etc. I wouldn't place much if any stock into unit from lot number.

Agree 100%
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by NineLives View Post
    Hey guys,
    My question is in regards to lot numbers and the distribution of helmets to different divisions.
    I have a DD M40 police combat helmet. I have checked the lot number on the GHW lot number data base, and it shares the exact same number as a DD M40 police combat helmet in camouflage.
    I'm assuming that the camouflage helmet was part of a combat unit. Is it safe to assume that my helmet was also part of this unit as it shares the same lot number? Or is there no connection at all?

Cheers guys!

Mark
    Pardon my ignorance here. What is the GHW database. And where can I find it?

Thanks

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

German Heimet Walhalla 2 forum, but you must be a veteran member to access the database.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    German Heimet Walhalla 2 forum, but you must be a veteran member to access the database.
    Oh well... Thanks anyway Doug...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the replies guys