Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Lovely camo on ebay uk

Article about: yes Danny you are right but most of it is how we hear it and a lot of the time miss understand what is being said we are all human ,and none a perfect and i say thank god for that cheers ian

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Lovely camo on ebay uk

Hes not trashing you at all, hes just replying to what you said.All the advice Ive been given on the forum is 100% true, no one here ever gave me wrong advice. Not letting your knowledge out isnt going to help anyone here on the forum.They try their best to help us and if you dont want to belive them thats your loss, In my opinion they know what they`re talking about.
    P.s Dont be afraid to let your knowledge out I havent seen any one arguing over an item ?

Regards
    Emil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lovely camo on ebay uk
    P
    Many

3mk
    ?

Also back to the helmet, Where in Monte Cassino could this been found? It does look like a relic to me.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hes not trashing you at all, hes just replying to what you said.All the advice Ive been given on the forum is 100% true, no one here ever gave me wrong advice. Not letting your knowledge out isnt going to help anyone here on the forum.They try their best to help us and if you dont want to belive them thats your loss, In my opinion they know what they`re talking about.
    P.s Dont be afraid to let your knowledge out I havent seen any one arguing over an item ?

Regards
    Emil
    Exactly. If you don't like accepting the truth about a helmet, then you shouldn't put helmets and other things up for opinions. Everyone at one point or another hears an opinion from someone that is the truth, but you may not like the truth. There is nothing wrong with people stating their opinions, when one has asked for them.

Regards,
    Finn

Cheers Emil, but i haven't anything to defend, but perhaps a small answer would not go amiss.......................

I was not “trashing” you on this forum, but it did seem that you were questioning what others had said about it. “how do you know” why is it everyone wants it to be fake”
    I’m impressed………….. 8 original WW2 German helmets, and a few WW1’s that’s quite an achievement.
    And a degree in Military History too! That must make you a “true expert”

I merely pointed out that the consensus of opinion was that it was not real; however we all have differing opinions regarding TR militaria, and if you are comfortable buying it, then there is no problem.

Despite have 25 years in age on you, and also a degree, I bow to your knowledge sir

someone once said, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,
    Not sure if I agree with that statement

Things seem to be getting a little heated in the Stahlhelm forum these days! Here are some pictures of said Monte Cassino Lid..Although I don't buy helmets from ebay ( I have bought one in the past ), I do keep an eye on what's on there. I have to say that this particular seller always seems to have quite rare lids for sale, never a straight up single decal Lufty or Heer. This alone to me is enough of a warning sign to avoid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lovely camo on ebay uk   Lovely camo on ebay uk  

Lovely camo on ebay uk   Lovely camo on ebay uk  

... and also a degree in military history from Metro State In Denver ... I have been studying military items since i was about 10.. So trashing me in the forums is not cool man... I try not to let my knowlage out because when i do it always creates a pissing match between everybody the whole "I know this for a fact and you are wrong" crap.. QUOTE.

With the greatest of respect sir, having read all of your previous ninety odd posts on this forum, not one shows any real signs of knowledge attained at degree level. Why you feel it is necessary to hide your torch of knowledge under a bushel of banality is beyond me. Please come out of this miasma of mediocraty and share with us your learned extrapolations, instead of worrying about causing a 'P****** match'.

The degree you hold in military history is meritorious, don't be affraid to share some of your learnings here, it would be greatly appreciated and add to other member's knowledge of this fascinating subject. I for one, hope you will pick up the baton and start to post what you truly know, it will be a credit to you, and not the albatross around your neck that you seem to think it is.

In eager anticipation, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 07-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ok well my feeling on this helmet is this..... It is well know that the luftwaffe mostly the flak and HG div. loved to camo there helmets I have seen many photo of cost flak div. with camo painted helmet not unlike the one pictured here I have also seen a pic (can't remember where) that showed a whole unit with "custom" painted helmets all different . What I am saying is this .. Maybe this helmet is real maybe not.. I just wouldn't jump to saying its a fake just judged that it is on ebay and its color is off or something is different with the liner .. Who knows? Only the guy who painted and wore it during the war. I have seen a lot of strange German Items that where not the "norm" but where genuine! Like a double decal SS helmet with Runes on each side. and my fav. was a helmet cover made in Italian camo but with the rocker clips like on the SS covers.

P.S. never said I was a true expert ..there is lot of stuff I don't know

Quote by theduke635 View Post
    I just wouldn't jump to saying its a fake just judged that it is on ebay and its color is off or something is different with the liner
    And my feeling on it is......................... it's a pile of crap

As I said in my very first post. There are too many red flags for my liking.

I don't know what's going on with this lid , but I do know that I have checked out this sellers previous sales and amongst them I counted 8 'Normandy Camo' some with wire, 9 with 'Chicken wire' including an SS and 3 'Snow Camo' one of which was a medic helmet. Now, I don't know about you lot but I would love to know where he can find so many 'Rare' helmets and why he is willing to let some of them sell for as little as $500? The more I think about it the stronger the smell of fish and rats becomes! Sorry Duke, but your arguments are invalid.

Is anyone else having connection troubles with the forum tonight?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast