Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luft helmet M40 ear cut. Fake?

Article about: It looks interesting and original. It would be great to see better pics if you buy it. Jerry

Default Re: Luft helmet M40 ear cut. Fake?

It looks interesting and original. It would be great to see better pics if you buy it.

Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft helmet M40 ear cut.  Fake?
    P
    Many

My recollection is that a similar helmet was discussed on this forum within the last 2 years, and initially it was met with skepticism because no one (including myself) knew that such helmets existed. Ultimately, the consensus was, if I recall correctly, that such helmets, though rare as hen's teeth, did exist. I agree with Doug that the cut outs on this one appear to have been done before it rusted out, and also it appears that the shell does, indeed, have dual vent holes on each side, consistent with the picture of the example from German-Helmets.com. I have never seen one in the flesh, but, for what it is worth, I think that this one may very well be correct. If the price is right, I would go for it if I were you. Jim G.

I have never heard of such a helmet. I wonder why it has extra air vents?

?

Isnt there pics on the forum, or I may have seen them in a book, of luftwaffe aircrew in a Heinkel during the Battle of britain with the radio operater wearing one of these, and it did in the book describe them as the Luftwaffe version........cant think of the bme of the book, but it is a well known reference on all german helmets.

I like the look of this. Like the others I have never seen or heard of such a helmet but if the US had the M3 Flak helmet I am sure the germans had something similar. I would defiantly be buying this one, even in a relic condition - provided the price is right

?

According to the latest information, I am a bit mistaken. The seller lives in the Czech Republic, and a helmet found in the Netherlands

?

I just need to pay to do the other day. I, along with the helmet still bought a couple, but there's just old Czechs, so to speak for dessert.

The total amount of the order of 300 dollars with the mailing of the Czech Republic. In a conversation with the seller found out that the helmet was found in the Netherlands. In the description of the lot is nothing about rare was not written, just an old helmet and all. So what exactly is in the actions of the seller, I do not see any malicious intent. I think that the ordinary Chinese replica will not cost much cheaper, but in my case, yet there is some probability that this nature, at least what a modern copy so foul up? And if that alteration of those times, what's wrong, the original exciting helmet with history. I think buy, receive, even if it turns out to be bullshit, I am strong and not injured. At least appeared that discussion.
    Thank you all!

The helmet being found in the netherlands isnt to long a stretch. Very well could have been. Good on you for buying it. Remember to post pics once you have received it

?

link: Fliegerstahlhelm - Wszystko co dotyczy he³mów bojowych i paramilitarnych
    little discussion, along with photos. In Polish

Original!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast