Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft helmet - please help

Article about: I found this helmet for \\$300. I know this is asking a lot but from these poor photos, does it look legit? Thank you in advance

Default Luft helmet - please help

I found this helmet for $300.
    I know this is asking a lot but from these poor photos, does it look legit?
    Thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft helmet - please help   Luft helmet - please help  

Luft helmet - please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft helmet - please help
    P
    Many

Anton, can you provide more detailed and less blurry pics,
    Thanks
    GenP

That is my problem. This is all I got.
    Do I take a shot?

Here are more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft helmet - please help   Luft helmet - please help  

Luft helmet - please help   Luft helmet - please help  

do you know if the other side has a decal.
    for me $300 wear pattern looks weird,
    the 2 white equidistant docs bother me,
    Looks like an m35 shell. I don't have skills on proofing the eagle.
    is this a friends and family,craislist ect.
    I am gonna take a guess that this is not in the states or is at a more mature former Europeans house due to background décor and clubs.
    If it off the net and no better picks are provided I would walk, better safe then sorry.
    I learned that hard as it his from everyone on here, there a bunch of excellent examples in the classifieds section
    I don't have one up there so its not a shameless plug, hope I helped

?

Decal has been touched up, don't like the strap 100%, liner leather may be newer/replacement - but for what it worth, it looks legit - quality picture are everything........these are not quality.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

My bet is that the name in the skirt is the not the German soldier but the US Vet. Looks like a US Army serial number below it. Agree with John that the decal is touched up. I don't know chin straps so can't help. And unless in hand, or better pictures can't tell if the liner is original or replaced (but it looks like a legit liner from what I can see). Other than that, can't say much more. But for $300. Looks like a good buy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Pretty good looking Luftie M35 helmet. If there wasn't something wrong with it you'd have to ask yourself why only $300? Looks like a fine display piece, nice liners alone are bringing a couple hundred bucks these days. Shame about the touchup, but it's tastefully done, overall I'd say quite a great deal.

MAP
    ?

In this case the touch up does not bother me. It is minor and looks old. If done by the Vet it is just another piece of the story. Many may disagree with me on this view.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, this is not my area of TR collecting, [helmets], even so I have several. From what I know, the Luftwaffe decal on these changed in size, 1st pattern being smaller,wing span, than the 2nd type. From what I see, this is a m35 shell with a larger decal. I am not sure when this change was made, but a little research would tell if this is type is right for this shell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast