Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftschultz helmet rl2- 38/28 and decal

Article about: Hi, I would like to know if the helmet is an original and if the decal is original? I have checked other thread and I assume that the decal is not original. But I'm not an expert. I need you

The horizontal ends of the oakleaves that "shoot" off the tips of the swaz look too pointy. They should be more rounded.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschultz helmet rl2- 38/28 and decal
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Frank, I don't see the gap between the 2nd and 3rd wing tips that I want to see with a L/S decal. There are no gaps between the acorns and the oak leaves above the banner. The lines in the acorns on the bottom of the transfer don't seem to correspond to those in original examples. For me, too many minor graphic anomalies. Still not on board. Jim G.
    Jim , David, I rechecked and you both are absolutely correct. The washed out effect caught me off guard I think.
    It is a bad LS decal.
    Back to decal school now :-)

Good to be vindicated on the decal.

Too many low points on the helmet to buy it. You will find a much better specimen. They are getting harder to come by , but a common enough helmet.

Thank you very much for all the reply. The problem is that I have bought it about 5 years ago in London. The "expert" in the shop guaranteed to me that was an original Luftshultz helmet with original decal. 5 years ago I didn't have any idea of the many dishonest people that are cheating other people. What confused me was the number engraved RL 38/28 I though was original. You think is not ww2?

The "RL" number is the code for the factory & city of manufacture. The shell is WW2 made
    D.

Ok is ww2 made in Dresdan according to the RL. So it might be used by german Luftshultz? Could be

RL2 38/28 is indeed from Dresden. The company being Paul Diener, Metalldrückerei und Stanzerei, Bernhardstraße 103.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2