Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?

Article about: Hello all, I have the chance to pick this guy up locally for a great price(\\$250), if it is in fact the real deal. I have never seen a helmet like this, but the painted insignia looks close t

Default Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?

Hello all, I have the chance to pick this guy up locally for a great price($250), if it is in fact the real deal. I have never seen a helmet like this, but the painted insignia looks close to being DLV, and it looks like its period applied. I'll be going later to see it in person, but I wanted to try and get some opinions on it beforehand. The seller claims it has family provenance to a U.S. soldier, but I haven't asked his name yet. Any opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz converted DLV or NSFK helmet?
    P
    Many

Likely a postwar addition to sex up a gladiator helmet with a big swastika to sell to a GI in the occupation force.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Too bad. It's almost TR period. I guess I didn't realize that fakes were being produced IMMEDIATELY following the war. Those Germans sure move fast.

I have seen them done like this before .post-war.
    chris