Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftschutz Decal?

Article about: Hello all, I put a photo of my collection of semi relics and i have had a few members request that i put this luftschutz decal up for discussion as some think it is a reproduction. What are

Default Luftschutz Decal?

Hello all,

I put a photo of my collection of semi relics and i have had a few members request that i put this luftschutz decal up for discussion as some think it is a reproduction.

What are people's opinions?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Decal?   Luftschutz Decal?  

Luftschutz Decal?   Luftschutz Decal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Decal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz Decal?

This decal is identical to the infamous N.Morigi fake. Here is a photo of an unapplied decal: (note the lack of a space between the feathers in the wings)

Luftschutz Decal?
    photo from http://www.walhalla.se/topic/10608-f...schutz-decals/

This is a pretty good fake in my opinion, I was fooled by this decal a year ago when I bought my first Luftschutz gladiator.

Any more opinions guys?

Regards,
    Corey

Not an authority on these but it doesn't look right to me!..

I'd agree. Decal looks scrubbed, too. This fake can easily be found for sale on websites.

Cheers guys, interesting as i bought it from a fellow member of the forum who seems well established. Its easy to make mistakes though so i doubt there was any intent to deceive there

Can you return it?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Can you return it?
    Maybe, honestly, i didn't pay a lot for it, so by the time it has been returned i doubt it's worth it. I would be more inclined to put up a fuss if i believed the seller knew he was selling a repro, but i honestly dont think he knew. Your all top guys on this forum and that says a lot to me

I might aswell keep it until i can buy a better more original one. One a plus side, it has been a learning curve and has prompted me to do further research into the common fakes of these.

I understand. Once you add postage etc, probably not worth returning, unless you spent too much for it. Throw it on eBay, might go through the roof since its a bad decal, LOL!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I understand. Once you add postage etc, probably not worth returning, unless you spent too much for it. Throw it on eBay, might go through the roof since its a bad decal, LOL!
    haha, Seems to be the way things go!

Hi everyone, I sold this to Vicky and I will be happy to offer her a refund on the item without returning it. It was given to me some years ago and it never occurred to me it might be a fake. I didnt want it, and so stuck it in the classifieds as part of a recent clear out, without giving it a second thought. I would never sell something that I believed to be a fake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast