Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftschutz Decal?

Article about: Hello all, I put a photo of my collection of semi relics and i have had a few members request that i put this luftschutz decal up for discussion as some think it is a reproduction. What are

Default Re: Luftschutz Decal?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Hi everyone, I sold this to Vicky and I will be happy to offer her a refund on the item without returning it. It was given to me some years ago and it never occurred to me it might be a fake.
    Hey Douglas, i wasnt going to say any names so dont worry, just wanted further information into what i exactly had. I wasn't going to initiate a witch hunt on you. As i said, i had no doubt that the seller genuinely didnt know that it was potentially a reproduction decal and was just a mistake the quality of your other items clearly made up for it. No hard feelings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Decal?
    P
    Many

Theres no hard feelings, you did the right thing to get it checked out. Since it was an honest mistake I have nothing to hide in identifying myself.

Theres no hard feelings, you did the right thing to get it checked out. Since it was an honest mistake I have nothing to hide in identifying myself.
    Fair enough, its refreshing to meet someone that demonstrates honesty as you have shown

I do not know how anyone could tell 100% that it is fake with these poor pics IMO.
    I would like to see it in natural lighting and clear photos myself just to make sure.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Ok, heres my picture of the same item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Decal?  

Ok, heres my picture of the same item.
    Must have a better camera than me

Looks like it has been heavily scrubed to me. And with this new pic, can the guys please tell me what the red flag is then?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi everyone, I sold this to Vicky and I will be happy to offer her a refund on the item without returning it. It was given to me some years ago and it never occurred to me it might be a fake. I didnt want it, and so stuck it in the classifieds as part of a recent clear out, without giving it a second thought. I would never sell something that I believed to be a fake.
    Top man Douglas,we all make mistakes and it is heart warming to see such an honourable response from you!! With a response like that I would buy from you any day mate,well done!! Leon P.S. I have no idea about Luftschutz decals.

Decal is bad in my opinion. Either a variation of the Morigi, or a copy of a copy. The lack of a space between the upper feathers in the wings is enough to condemn it. These fakes have been around for possibly 20+ years, so by now they can exhibit convincing wear.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Top man Douglas,we all make mistakes and it is heart warming to see such an honourable response from you!! With a response like that I would buy from you any day mate,well done!! Leon
    Same here Douglas!

It had me totally convinced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast