Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz-Helm

Article about: Hello Friends, I've become content enough in my collecting where I can recognize & appreciate the Historic Significance & Aesthetics in the simple, representative examples out there.

Default Luftschutz-Helm

Hello Friends, I feel content enough in my collecting where I can recognize & appreciate the Historic Significance & Aesthetics in the simple, representative examples out there...And that's a good thing because it's all I can afford anyway, lol....
    I've got a pal in Germany sending me this No Decal LS-Helm found in a Coburg basement for around $50,00...Notice the protruding vents, something I don't see too often, and the interior stamp "Reichseigentum/Property of the Reich" Stamp in the liner, something else I haven't come across before either...This will display nicely with my Berlin LS-Gasmask Canister stamped "Eigentum der Reichshauptstadt/Property of the Reich Capitol"... It appears that I'm collecting Luftschutz Items now as well, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Helm   Luftschutz-Helm  

Luftschutz-Helm   Luftschutz-Helm  

Luftschutz-Helm   Luftschutz-Helm  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-04-2015 at 07:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz-Helm
    P
    Many

I think that lid is an example of what some people call a civil curved dip, for $50 it's a bargain!...

This style M34 is in my mind the most attractive. Nice pick up. Jim G.

Thanks Friends...I think I'll just go ahead and put together a Luftschutz Display, along with the LS-1st Aid Kit, Bomben-Pass, Poster, and other related items...I'll be sure to share photos...
    My German Grandmother lived through several Bombing Raids on Mannheim and on her own town of Lampertheim, and her experiences have enhanced my interest in Luftschutz Material...She lived 2 blocks away from the Cathedral when it was bombed and collapsed...thought her own house had been hit as the ground shook so violently...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz-Helm  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz-Helm 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-04-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Can't beat that price. Looks like a size 62 or 64 from
    the pics. It will look great on display.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Well done Glenn, a bargain that will complement your Luftschutz collection nicely. Leon.

A very interesting helmet! Thanks for sharing Glenn!