Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Besides the liner looking new this looks pretty legit to me. How about to you guys?

?

Default Re: Luftschutz Helmet

Possibly the wing shape is different to Eric's is that it is higher up on the shell......I am happy to be wrong on the decal though

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I disagree regarding the decal, it is fine. The liner is in backwards, but it is an original liner, as is the chinstrap. The draw string is not period. The liner was probably put in by a collector. Overall, it will display well and the exterior is quite representative.
    OK, than what accounts for the messy area around the decal? Maybe a decal hastily applied to replace a damaged or worn out decal?

It looks to me that the paint has been touched up around the decal. There actually is some of the touch up paint on the decal - double click on the second set of pictures posted, it is really apparent on the acorns on the top of the decal. The decal itself seems to me to have spot on graphics and the composition and application look right. I think it is good, but I have been wrong before.

?

The helmet has been repainted under the decal. Red Flag.
    Decal is very questionable. Red Flag.
    The liner has been replaced by a dufus. Red Flag.
    Not original liner drawstring.
    Value would be low compared to an original untouched Luftschutz.

So the consensus is that its "original" just hightly touched up and messed with?

It has been touched up a bit but the decal is fine and the liner, except the drawstring, is original but replaced.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It has been touched up a bit but the decal is fine and the liner, except the drawstring, is original but replaced.
    +1, 'reissued' luftschutz.

?

I have to agree that this is an ok helmet and decal, yes the liner has been replaced and badly at some time or other, im not sure if someones painted it around the decal or if white spirit or some other solvent has been used which has changed the top surface of the paint, i would definately reposition the liner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2