Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Hello! I have the opportunity to buy this helmet. Do you know this model? The lower part of metal go OUTSIDE and not inside the helmet *

Default Luftschutz Helmet

Hello! I have the opportunity to buy this helmet.
    Do you know this model? The lower part of metal go OUTSIDE and not inside the helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz Helmet

It is what's known as a beaded M42. Everything looks original to me.

The exterior is correct, and it one of the rarer beaded L/S helmets. Of course, the price should reflect whether the liner is correct. The rear rivet may indicate that the liner is a replacement. If you can get a shot of the liner post it and you will get better feedback. Jim G.

Many thanks....I don't remember this helmet in Alsace...Where I can saw may in the past. So, the liner :

That is not a liner that I would expect. Having said that, being a later war model, and knowing that a great many variations in liners exist for these civic models, it may well be correct. Close inspection would confirm. The clear plastic chinstrap is often seen on late war (1944 +) civic helmets, usually M44 gladiators.

It is in Alsace, so I think all is mounted from origin ....I hope!

The liner is funky, but I think it is right. The chinstrap is fine. It looks as if it is attached properly to the liner band, and that, plus the squared off cork spacers, leads me to believe that it is all period TR. There are obvious condition issues which should be reflected in the price.