Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Helmet variety ID needed

Article about: Is this a two piece or a three piece with the seam over the ear? This helmet is full of scratches and starting to rust, should it be cleaned or left alone? If yes to the cleaning, are there

?

Default Luftschutz Helmet variety ID needed

Is this a two piece or a three piece with the seam over the ear? This helmet is full of scratches and starting to rust, should it be cleaned or left alone? If yes to the cleaning, are there any do's and don'ts you can recommend? For insurance purposes any idea as to the ballpark value of such a piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Helmet variety ID needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Helmet variety ID needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz Helmet variety ID needed

Looks like a 3 piece from your pics. I would leave well alone, keep it in stable conditions and it won't get any worse. Most collectors prefer them untouched, and it displays pretty nicely already.

?

Thank you Kradspam; any guess as to the value? This comes from a collection inherited by my friend. This and other items that were left in a duffel bag down in his grandparents basement. His grandfathers brother was in Euro campaigns and sent or returned this and other items back to the U.S. Mostly small items like pins (more than 40 different pins) some German belt buckles, 2 DAF plaques, a tram operators visor cap (id'd earlier today), coins/bills and a strange little piggybank, an armband, a German flag and banner and a massive Japanese Rising Sun flag (possibly naval; looks like maybe 8 or 9 feet long?), plus some other small non military objects. I'll be posting photos here of the military items here. I appreciate the advice and info.

Look on a french site
    Eisernen kreuz -->casque LUFTSCHUTZ

Not sold, so the price is too hight. ait for Chris.

This helmet is a pretty common one, I would say around 150 in that condition.

Here at 100 €, it's too much.

?

OK thank you all I'll pass that information on.

Nice ones can be find for 100$ to 200$ for a 3 piece.
    Never pay more .
    chris