Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Hello Everyone, This is one of two Luftschutz helmets that was passed down to me from a family member. The exterior appears to be Luftwaffe blue. It is my understanding that some Luftschutz

Default Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet

Hello Everyone,

This is one of two Luftschutz helmets that was passed down to me from a family member. The exterior appears to be Luftwaffe blue. It is my understanding that some Luftschutz members manned Anti Aircraft positions? I believe that this is a three piece helmet as the construction appears different from the other. I believe that the interior of it was burned at some point although it kind of looks like blood. Although they are relatively common, it is still a neat piece with a family connection and displays well with the rest of my collection.

T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet   Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet  

Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet   Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Blue Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

That does look like burning. Blood rot is different. The paint may also have been affected by heat ?
    Thanks for showing
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I agree. When I was younger it used to creep me out because I thought it was blood. Little did I know that this helmet was the burnt one but my M35 is the corpse cut...

T

?

You should attach a tiny plastic envelope in the helmet with name and data of the one who once owned it, where it was used- or where it came from.

That is a good idea Trond! I received the majority of my collection from the same veteran but I will make a log of it somewhere.

T

A nice collection of bring backs, great to have the vets details to bring the history to life. Leon.

Yes nice LS helmets army on table looks nice also. timothy

Thanks Tim!