Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet

Article about: Here is one I haven't encountered often, an aluminum parade helmet in what I call the "Rommel" style shell. It is a double decal Luftwaffe example with an early straight leg droopt

?

[QUOTE=helmet2id;1367687]
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Interesting one Jim, and condition is superb. Why is called a "Rommel" type shell? Was this from the pusher?

Hi Doug, I call it a "Rommel" shell because I have seen a number of photos of Rommel, at parades, and on the West Wall during inspections, wearing this style light weight helmet (with Heer decals of course). I don't know if anyone else refers to these as such. This is not from the "Pusher", I picked this one up last year. The Heer on reserve is from the pusher however. I will pick it up in a few months when the cash flow improves. Best regards, Jim G.
    I thought one of them had to be from him LOL. Thanks Jim, super shape this one is in!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Double Decal Aluminum Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Wow Jim, that sure is a not often seen example, for want of a better description.
    Congratulations mate.

Brad.

That's a great helmet, Jim. Unique and kinda goofy looking. I am in dire need of a helmet pusher. My helmet. acquisitions have slowed to a snails pace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2